Peps personal letter to City fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hitchiked to Swindon, for a midweek, League Cup, 2nd leg, game, back in 1985.
It took me 26 hours to get there, and 30 hours, to get home, after the game.
It absolutely hossed it down, I was sowe got beat 3-1, and went out of the competition, 4-5, on aggregate (no surprise there)
No executive freebie, for me, and no personal letter from Lawrie Mac, (if I did get one, it would probably, contain the words, "you f***ing mug") :lol: :lol:

I hitchiked to Swindon, for a midweek, League Cup, 2nd leg, game, back in 1985.
It took me 26 hours to get there, and 30 hours, to get home, after the game.
It absolutely hossed it down, I was sowe got beat 3-1, and went out of the competition, 4-5, on aggregate (no surprise there)
No executive freebie, for me, and no personal letter from Lawrie Mac, (if I did get one, it would probably, contain the words, "you f***ing mug") :lol: :lol:
I was there and it was a horrible night all round, we were totally outplayed and to make it worse their lot got on the pitch and came over to where we were and knicked the Roker Rebels flag which I had seen in the back of one of the coaches every game I had been to ...

I was there and it was a horrible night all round, we were totally outplayed and to make it worse their lot got on the pitch and came over to where we were and knicked the Roker Rebels flag which I had seen in the back of one of the coaches every game I had been to ...
Agreed mate.
A horrible night all round.
I was like a zombie, after standing for hours through the previous night, trying to thumb a lift.
The reason I hitchhiked, was I'd phoned the SAFC travel club, the day before the game, for a seat on the bus (pick up at Hartlepool, as I used to do) and was told, they'd book me a seat, but was asked to go through to Sunderland after work, to pay for my seat.
When I got there, was told all seats on the bus had been sold, and the bus was full, despite them telling me on the phone, my seat was reserved for me.
The pack of bastards.
So I told the twats what I thought about them, and wasn't going to let the bastards beat me, so I hitchhiked there and back, and never travelled with the travel club, or any buses, ran by SAFC, ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t Sir Niall taxi the fans home once when they’d been kicked off a plane?
Yes....but I am giving a sign hint to the new owners...Goodwill goes a long way with a club like ours not just the big occasions Goodwill stories it’s the surprises that go a long way....

Last edited:
Nothing more than an exercise in PR or flattery in my opinion. People are easily impressed.
It's a very nice gesture but hardly worthy of coverage in the national press imho, and is it a 'personal letter' if it's the same letter written 114 times with the name changed at the start? Like I said good from the club and I hope the lads have a great time.

Methven sends letters to fans as well.

Dear JL1985

What a sad bastard you are travelling to Scunthorpe for a meaningless midweek game. You obviously don’t have a wife or girlfriend. Just to let you know the team aren’t arsed about winning, they are milking the club for as much as they can just like Stewie and myself. Hope to see you and the other parasites at the next home game.

Later

Charlie Methven

Agreed mate.
I was like a zombie, after standing for hours through the previous night, trying to thumb a lift.
The reason I hitchhiked, was I'd phoned the SAFC travel club, the day before the game, for a seat on the bus (pick up at Hartlepool, as I used to do) and was told, they'd book me a seat, but was asked to go through to Sunderland after work, to pay for my seat.
When I got there, was told all seats on the bus had been sold, and the bus was full, despite them telling me on the phone, my seat was reserved for me.
The pack of bastards.
So I told the twats what I thought about them, and wasn't going to let the bastards beat me, so I hitchhiked there and back, and never travelled with the travel club, or any buses, ran by SAFC, ever again.

hahaha, hardcore, that's dedication for you, we were kids then it didn't matter, when i think of some of the things i did for this club, thinking back i must be mad!
Agreed mate.
The pack of bastards.

hahaha, hardcore, that's dedication for you, we were kids then it didn't matter, when i think of some of the things i did for this club, thinking back i must be mad!

I was 22 back then, and a 56 hour hike, seemed like a doddle.
I loved a challenge, in those days.
I'll soon be 57, and sometimes, just getting out of bed, seems like a challenge, to me, nowadays. :lol:

in those days the first thing i would think about was going to the match, didnt matter how long it took me i just did it
Exactly the same here, Herts

I have many regrets in life, about things I should, or shouldn't have done, but following the Lads up and down the country and abroad for pre season tours, isn't something I'll ever regret.
I've met some amazing people down the years and have some amazing friends from all over the North East, who mean the world to me, and all have the one thing in common, that binds us all.
Our love of Sunderland AFC

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly the same here, Herts

I have many regrets in life, about things I should, or shouldn't have done, but following the Lads up and down the country and abroad for pre season tours, isn't something I'll ever regret.
I've met some amazing people down the years and have some amazing friends from all over the North East, who mean the world to me, and all have the one thing in common, that binds us all.
Our love of Sunderland AFC

yep me too, i was always living in London so it had its difficulties getting to games but i always managed it, in fact as i recall the only game i could not get into was Aston Villa away last game 75? watched it on the hill above the ground, (well 1 goalmouth anyway) always remember seeing a Sunderland hat on the M6 that day and thinking that one of our fans was so pissed off with our 2-0 defeat and promotion failure that they had slung it out of their car ))) have also some great friends from my travels, met them at the play off final, was great to see them again

Wonder if Pepe will write a personal letter to all the arsenal fans apologising for being a complete waste of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back