People you grew up with as kid.

I'm in my 60s. During the past 3 years I have lost 3 of my best and oldest friends. Only one best mate left now and he has heart problems. It's the strangest feeling having hardly any mates you trust left. Sad 😔

My uncle who died at 96 became very depressed in his 80s, when I asked his daughter what was wrong she said he only went out a couple of times a week to a few clubs and have a few pints. Eventually the lads he drank with had all died and he had no mates.
They got him into other things and he was much better, it got me thinking of how getting old affects your life.
Weirdly I bumped into a lad who is about the same age who lived near me when I was a bairn yesterday, I was pretty chuffed because he looks a lot older and so did his missus.

Don’t keep intouch with anyone from school now.
If I see them I’ll always stop and talk and have a bit crack etc. I think in life you find people along the way who on your level and your comfortable with that.

Wouldn’t want to be in contact with old mates from school now tbh, that life has passed.

What I think is crap is lads who have had the same bunch of mates since school and are very protective and militant of that group. Any outsider who might be on the fringes is sharply ostracised. Mental.
It’s generally lads who have very sheltered lives.
:lol: pot kettle

I have only seen one schoolmate since I left in 1972,
I walked out of the gates into a big new world,
I knock about with one lad from my first job, no idea about any of the others from back then.

Don’t keep intouch with anyone from school now.
If I see them I’ll always stop and talk and have a bit crack etc. I think in life you find people along the way who on your level and your comfortable with that.
Have you telt your lass yet you only crack on with her because you know her from school?

Have 4 im still very close to, Godfather to kids etc
Don't see each other that often but know we can pick up a phone and help will be there before you know it

People often come and go in your life, but when you bump into an old childhood mate, it’s so easy just feel like you’re picking where you left off last time. There’s a strange kind of comfortable groove around lads you went through puberty with.

Back