Pensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many on here bother with a private pension? I've got one with Aviva which I pay a fairly minimal amount in at the moment, but I've opted out of my workplace pension with a view to paying in the difference that'll now be in my salary. My thinking was that it would allow me greater control with the money going into one pot, and I can be flexible with the payments if need be.

Many on here bother with a private pension? I've got one with Aviva which I pay a fairly minimal amount in at the moment, but I've opted out of my workplace pension with a view to paying in the difference that'll now be in my salary. My thinking was that it would allow me greater control with the money going into one pot, and I can be flexible with the payments if need be.
Effectively, by opting out of the workplace pension you have turned down a pay rise.

Personally I put in to my employers pension up to the maximum matched contribution level (i.e. I put 5% in and so do they) seems like turning down free money not too even if I have a little less choice in investment options. I do have a bunch of other pensions from previous employments (4 in total none of which are worth much)

20% or 40% subject to some limitations. You pay £80 and it is automatically increased to £100.

Sorry yes, mis-calc there!

Another reason behind this is that I expect this job to be relatively short-term as a bit of a stepping stone, and I've seen a couple of horror stories re: payroll and the pension scheme so I want to at least have control of my money and where it's going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back