Paul Osew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there is 14 to go including GKs,but i would expect thats why Speakman has been brought in early .A full list will be being compiled otherwise he wouldnt have a role at the moment

Think there is 14 to go including GKs,but i would expect thats why Speakman has been brought in early .A full list will be being compiled otherwise he wouldnt have a role at the moment
21 we’re going to be out of contract I think. That includes all three keepers, Hume, Willis, O’Nien, Feeney( already gone)McFadzean, Leadbitter, Scowen, Power, McGeady, Embleton, Diamond, Kimpioka, Maguire, Graham and Wyke. Sanderson was included on the list too. Unfortunately it doesn’t address getting shot of Grigg, O’Brien or Dobson who all have another year.In order to prevent an impossible rebuild being needed we’ll need to keep some I suspect. Patterson, O’Nien, Hume, Willis, Embleton, Diamond, Kimpioka and possibly Burge, Wyke and McGeady could be worth keeping on the right terms but I’d only be bothered about Patterson, O’Nien, Willis, Hume, Diamond , Embleton and Kimpioka to be honest.

21 we’re going to be out of contract I think. That includes all three keepers, Hume, Willis, O’Nien, Feeney( already gone)McFadzean, Leadbitter, Scowen, Power, McGeady, Embleton, Diamond, Kimpioka, Maguire, Graham and Wyke. Sanderson was included on the list too. Unfortunately it doesn’t address getting shot of Grigg, O’Brien or Dobson who all have another year.In order to prevent an impossible rebuild being needed we’ll need to keep some I suspect. Patterson, O’Nien, Hume, Willis, Embleton, Diamond, Kimpioka and possibly Burge, Wyke and McGeady could be worth keeping on the right terms but I’d only be bothered about Patterson, O’Nien, Willis, Hume, Diamond , Embleton and Kimpioka to be honest.
Going to interesting ,but certainly needs a big change at the club,we cant go on like this.

I seem to remember we had an option on a second year with Kimpioka so I assume he will still be around next year if we want him.

A lot of criticism for this type of acquisition on here but surely buying a young player who hasn't got much of a track record but has got potential is exactly the opposite of the much criticised policy of recruiting and using 30 year old journeymen just because of the number of senior appearances they have.

This is what our recruitment should look like, it will still come down to our staff being able to judge the potential/ability of the player.

A lot of criticism for this type of acquisition on here but surely buying a young player who hasn't got much of a track record but has got potential is exactly the opposite of the much criticised policy of recruiting and using 30 year old journeymen just because of the number of senior appearances they have.

This is what our recruitment should look like, it will still come down to our staff being able to judge the potential/ability of the player.

If we were signing him I on a permanent I'd so so but not on loan

No. As I said earlier in the thread the lad at Brighton (who has played for their first team and out on loan) should be what we go for not someone who isn't good enough for afc Wimbledon! Get young lads with potential but not just someone young for the sake of it. This smacks of cheap option and I fear nothing has changed

If we were stepping in to sign him then yes we could go with the blind faith of his potential and that we were finally scouting & doing things differently. However as a loan, what would Wimbledon have to gain if he’s that much of a prospect/talent?

But this is supposedly a loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back