Paul Muchall

Status
Not open for further replies.

is he one of our lads?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...rham_expect_Collingwood_to_back_back_for_T20/

says hes with the MCC but, as a relative newcomer to cricket i dont know whether mcc players are still contracted to a county or not?
He doesnt have a County at the minute. Durham released him and he played a few games for Kent last campaign including one against us in the Pro 40 where he got his brother Gordon out.

He's with the MCC this year and I'm told that Kent will look at him again.

Originally from South Shields who Gordon will play for if not with Durham their Father also plays as well.

He doesnt have a County at the minute. Durham released him and he played a few games for Kent last campaign including one against us in the Pro 40 where he got his brother Gordon out.

He's with the MCC this year and I'm told that Kent will look at him again.

Originally from South Shields who Gordon will play for if not with Durham their Father also plays as well.

I was surprised when Durham released him to be honest.

He's a useful cricketer.

MBH - When are Durham flying out for pre season?

Last edited:
I was surprised when Durham released him to be honest.

He's a useful cricketer.

MBH - When are Durham flying out for pre season?

My mate went to school with them both and said the younger brother...ie paul was the better player...gordon was more of a natural, paul worked hard at it apparently.

bit gutted about that really.

totally on the random, went to see a film about cricket at the cinema over the weekend, turned out to be a bollywood film, and guess who was in it???

Sorry i thought the answer would be obvious but it really it too strange to believe... paul muchall!

patiala house, nasser, gower, gooch, tait, symonds, gibbs and loads of others but also our [sort of] very own paul muchall!

how much of a coincedence is that??

I used to play for shields with Gordon & Matthew, Gordon was stand out in that poor side, Matthew was very average until he came back the next season about 6 inches taller, he;'s now about 6'6" and throws the ball from a decent height. I remember Paul being about 8 years old, and already he was better thanmost of the 14 - 16 year olds, good hand / eye co-ordination, and a confident little player. Always thought he'd be a better player than Gordon. Good on the, Arthur (The dad) was also my GP when I lived in England. They used to live next door to Ingrid off of Metro's evening program circa mid 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back