Paul lemon

Looking back he was absolutely f***ing shite. Put a couple of decent crosses in 1 at Huddersfield 1 at Brentford. Apart from these I cannot remember him doing anything of significance

Birmingham at home, October 1986. Great drag back and cross for a goal. 2-0 win. We were up to 6th. It was his finest hour.

Didn't rate Lemon at all but 9 league goals in the Div 3 season (when 2 out and out strikers played) wasn't that bad a return. Pascoe was miles better.
I'm surprised at the amount of people I've seen on here over the years say that Pascoe was shite. Although he wasn't great he did alright in the top flight in 1990/91, certainly a better player than Lemon who apart from his decent season in the 3rd was poor, I remember him being weak as piss although I was fairly young then.

Put it this way, one game at Roker Park my mate heard his name in the team over the tannoy while we were still outside and he went home.

That puts it into perspective really! To be fair, his usual performances were not something that would attract fans' paid entry
Had a scouser style 80's tash iirc. Lemon = Melon too. Which is what he was tbf.

And he ran like a crab would forwards. my mates used to call him Paul Melon not Lemon

Last edited:
He was the player who pulled the mascot photo duties in a game v Blackburn at Roker in December 1986......I was f***ing gutted it was him as I wanted Gordon Armstrong, even missed Lemon getting the opening goal inside the first 5 minutes as I was getting changed out of the kit before heading up to watch the game

I'm surprised at the amount of people I've seen on here over the years say that Pascoe was shite. Although he wasn't great he did alright in the top flight in 1990/91, certainly a better player than Lemon who apart from his decent season in the 3rd was poor, I remember him being weak as piss although I was fairly young then.
Thought he did alright in the top flight like, I quite liked Pasc.
Don’t remember Lemon as being as bad as that’s been made out either, but like you say we were canny young and winning games:)
FTM

The humour on here was a lot different in 2011:

Back