Pathetic and embarrassing chanting

Keawyeds

Striker
First match I've been able to get to since March 2019. Absolutely loved it. I can't remember the last time I saw us win in person, and win so convincingly.

However, a contingent of our traveling fans were nothing short of embarrassing with their choice of chants.
The occasional "Fuck the IRA" chant was utterly ridiculous considering
1) James McClean wasn't even playing he wasn't even on the bench
2) 1996 was the last action of the IRA in this country. most of the idiots chanting this probably weren't even born then, and if they were they should know better.
3) Get the fuck over it. He hasn't played for us for years

The even more ludicrous chant was
"Sunderland boys were on a bender. Charlie Wyke is a sex offender".
Let's break that down shall we?
Sunderland boys on a bender sounds more like a homoerotic gangbang rather than a night on the booze, but of course not many things conveniently rhyme with sex offender and I doubt the inventor of the chant could manage to rhyme nonce.
Charlie Wyke is a sex offender - Wow. I mean, really? The bloke scored an absolute hat-full last season (shame he only managed 9 in the previous 2 seasons). An opportunity came up for him to sign a 3 year deal and he took it.
He followed the money. Like many of us would. You get next to nowt for loyalty these days. We need to stop being so f***ing precious about things.
Wyke didn't even play last night so what was the point?

We had an actual sex offender playing for Sunderland. A real one. A paedophile. Why do some of our lot think it's fine to throw that kind of slur around at anyone else? Particularly players who didn't leave on bad terms, they just left.

A great game with some excellent football from us, tainted by some of our lot who are frankly making themselves look as thick as a submarine door. I'd like to think that's not the case. We're better than this. Aren't we?
I won't even bother mentioning the morons who boo'd the taking the knee (for all of 3 seconds of it). I suspect if there's a venn diagram of the people who did that and the idiotic chants it would be a perfect circle.

First match I've been able to get to since March 2019. Absolutely loved it. I can't remember the last time I saw us win in person, and win so convincingly.

However, a contingent of our traveling fans were nothing short of embarrassing with their choice of chants.
2) 1996 was the last action of the IRA in this country. most of the idiots chanting this probably weren't even born then, and if they were they should know better.

Sunderland boys on a bender sounds more like a homoerotic gangbang rather than a night on the booze, but of course not many things conveniently rhyme with sex offender and I doubt the inventor of the chant could manage to rhyme nonce.
Charlie Wyke is a sex offender - Wow. I mean, really? The bloke scored an absolute hat-full last season (shame he only managed 9 in the previous 2 seasons). An opportunity came up for him to sign a 3 year deal and he took it.
He followed the money. Like many of us would. You get next to nowt for loyalty these days. We need to stop being so f***ing precious about things.

We had an actual sex offender playing for Sunderland. A real one. A paedophile. Why do some of our lot think it's fine to throw that kind of slur around at anyone else? Particularly players who didn't leave on bad terms, they just left.

A great game with some excellent football from us, tainted by some of our lot who are frankly making themselves look as thick as a submarine door. I'd like to think that's not the case. We're better than this. Aren't we?
I won't even bother mentioning the morons who boo'd the taking the knee (for all of 3 seconds of it). I suspect if there's a venn diagram of the people who did that and the idiotic chants it would be a perfect circle.

Get a grip man, some people whinge about anything, I dont agree with the Wyke song but fuck me, if I had been to Wigan to see the lads play last night I dont think it would be top of the list of my things to post

As one of the Wigan fans on twitter rightly pointed out, how long did we employ Adam Johnson for?

Cringeworthy in the extreme, people singing that sort of bollocks need hitting with a sock full of diarrhea.

Back