Passport problems

Long story short, mate applied for a new passport in January, something went wrong and he’s had a right chew on.

We away in 10 days but they’re now saying his applications were withdrawn.

Is there anything he can do in the 10 days to get sorted? Just been through on line thing and the only appointment we can get is Belfast on the 30th April.

Any advice will be appreciated or the lad loses his money for the holiday.

@Gillythedilf there will be no sexual friends .

Long story short, mate applied for a new passport in January, something went wrong and he’s had a right chew on.

Is there anything he can do in the 10 days to get sorted? Just been through on line thing and the only appointment we can get is Belfast on the 30th April.

There are people on here who work at the passport office who may be able to offer proper advice

I cannot recall who they are though sorry.

I hope you get this sorted.

so you can have sexy times with the friends you met last time.

Last edited:

You all must be a right set of ugly bastards then if you can give guarantees this far infront of your trip away .

“withdrawn” - that sounds interesting.
My Mrs (no) and eldest received their passports back this Morning - took 2 weeks.
Daft to leave it that long without sorting it out.

You all must be a right set of ugly bastards then if you can give guarantees this far infront of your trip away .
I can confirm this is the case.
“withdrawn” - that sounds interesting.
My Mrs (no) and eldest received their passports back this Morning - took 2 weeks.
Daft to leave it that long without sorting it out.
To be fair the lads been trying to sort it for about a month. He used max spielman in Asda to do it, they give the wrong e mail address. Passport office tried to contact him on wrong e mail address so he never received.. to be honest I’m not sure on the ins and outs.. just want to try and get him sorted.

Last edited:
The process published on the gov.uk website indicates HMPO would send two letters by post and call the applicants once before they withdrew an application. Did your mate put down the wrong telephone number and address as well? If so, no wonder his passport hasn't turned up.

If he did it correctly and he hasn't had the letters, he might want to get on the phone and argue that they have withdrawn without following their own process. How are they going to resolve it?

My sister in law had similar. Was just going to fly to Belfast and come back on the same day. Think it was only £35 return from Newcastle. In the end she's got a slot for Durham this week but obviously risky chancing a cancellation and being online when it comes available. I'd just do the Belfast option if it was me.

The process published on the gov.uk website indicates HMPO would send two letters by post and call the applicants once before they withdrew an application. Did your mate put down the wrong telephone number and address as well? If so, no wonder his passport hasn't turned up.

If he did it correctly and he hasn't had the letters, he might want to get on the phone and argue that they have withdrawn without following their own process. How are they going to resolve it?
No they haven’t posted him anything, . I’m sat with him now, they did ring him whilst he was driving so he asked her to e mail but they had the wrong e mail address

My sister in law had similar. Was just going to fly to Belfast and come back on the same day. Think it was only £35 return from Newcastle. In the end she's got a slot for Durham this week but obviously risky chancing a cancellation and being online when it comes available. I'd just do the Belfast option if it was me.
Cheers mate, he can’t get the day off work so pretty goosed on that respect..

How did your sister get the Durham appointment?? Was it just a case of watching the website and hitting the button??

Back