Passport Office - Inefficient Public Sector

Same when me and the missus renewed. Can we put the team that sorted the digital stuff at the Passport Office in charge of other Government sites that never work!
When you renewed, do you need to get someone to sign anything like you do with a new one?

When you renewed, do you need to get someone to sign anything like you do with a new one?
Just renewed ours. Did it online, (uploaded photos taken on phone) make sure photo has a plain background. No I.D. required, they just start process once old passport received. Sign new passport when you receive it. 10 days from applying to receiving passport

Well I just had a very different experience. They 'lost' our personal documents, they were supposed to be returned within a fortnight. A month down the line had nowt. Phone them up, they say they definitely been sent so wasn't their problem anymore & we needed to contact royal mail. Royal mail had an hours wait on the phone so left it, with a view to getting some forms at the post office. Then 2 days later documents arrive. So clearly they hadn't been sent, likely Sat on someone's desk. Then lied to us about the location of them, sending them off ASAP hoping we wouldn't notice what happened.

My fairly recent experience of the Passport office was a model of efficiency, even used the photo from my driving licence - I was rather impressed.

Well I just had a very different experience. They 'lost' our personal documents, they were supposed to be returned within a fortnight. A month down the line had nowt. Phone them up, they say they definitely been sent so wasn't their problem anymore & we needed to contact royal mail. Royal mail had an hours wait on the phone so left it, with a view to getting some forms at the post office. Then 2 days later documents arrive. So clearly they hadn't been sent, likely Sat on someone's desk. Then lied to us about the location of them, sending them off ASAP hoping we wouldn't notice what happened.
No harm done really. No idea why you bumped a thread from over a month ago to tell us you got exactly what you asked for. Nowt to get wound up about.

No harm done really. No idea why you bumped a thread from over a month ago to tell us you got exactly what you asked for. Nowt to get wound up about.

Apart from the stress of documents going missing for nearly 3 weeks after we'd supposed to have them back & them blatantly lying to us, trying to fob us off instead of just saying oh we'll have a double check to see. It got bumped as they just turned up today & I remembered this thread. Thought that would be obvious.

Apart from the stress of documents going missing for nearly 3 weeks after we'd supposed to have them back & them blatantly lying to us, trying to fob us off instead of just saying oh we'll have a double check to see. It got bumped as they just turned up today & I remembered this thread. Thought that would be obvious.
Twist on 21 lad. I very much doubt the one person you rang had them sat on their desk.

It’s either coincidence or they did forget to post them and your phone call triggered a check which revealed they hadn’t been sent. The person wasn’t going to them call you back were they.

I’m glad you got sorted though.

Back