Passport Office - Inefficient Public Sector

mickb2112

Striker
Applied online for a passport renewal on Sunday night.
Sent old passport off via special delivery on Monday.
Received regular updates including confirmation of receipt of old passport.
Received new passport this morning (Thursday morning).

So much for public sector inefficiency - I think three full working days from applying to receiving a new passport (after paying just the standard fee) is absolutely exceptional.

Well done the Passport Office - that`s an exceptional and very efficient service.

So much for public sector inefficiency - I think three full working days from applying to receiving a new passport (after paying just the standard fee) is absolutely exceptional.

Well done the Passport Office - that`s an exceptional and very efficient service.
Mine was incredibly quick also

My daughter applied for the standard service on line last Friday lunchtime , got a message Tuesday saying it would be delivered Wednesday. It was indeed delivered .. 8-30am.

I'd read about the 5-9 week horror stories but hats off to the passport service.

Last edited:
That sounds class. Maybe we can get them to deal with the club’s online shop service as well. Still waiting on the boy’s shirt for his birthday. At this rate it’ll be a canny retro top for his sons birthday.

I find the DVLA provide an excellent service.

Did it come with freedom of movement? Asking for a friend.........

Back