Parky stays

He has already signed for Kent next year around the time he came on loan here. From Campbell & North I think they are targeting a decent overseas pace bowler for next season to compliment our very good pace attack.

Good spinners are hard to find mind.

His brother a lot cheaper

Maybe, I hope we tried, I think at this level the lad is top class, a leg spin bowler fits in perfectly with how we play, and gets wickets when its flat

Callum is a handy bowler, bowls very quick and flat, but not a patch on his brother

its a shame
He has already signed for Kent next year around the time he came on loan here. From Campbell & North I think they are targeting a decent overseas pace bowler for next season to compliment our very good pace attack.

Good spinners are hard to find mind.

He hadn't on his first loan spell i dont think.

Aye we are after a aussie paceman, spin has been a massive part of our success this year tho, wouldnt be top without it,

tbf Kuhneman was the best spinner we've had, really think he could play more international cricket

Last edited:
Maybe, I hope we tried, I think at this level the lad is top class, a leg spin bowler fits in perfectly with how we play, and gets wickets when its flat

Callum is a handy bowler, bowls very quick and flat, but not a patch on his brother

its a shame

He hadn't on his first loan spell i dont think.

Aye we are after a aussie paceman, spin has been a massive part of our success this year tho, wouldnt be top without it,

tbf Kuhneman was the best spinner we've had, really think he could play more international cricket
It's the 4 day stuff callum isn't the best at Matthew is good in all formats It's a shame as we could have used overseas on maybe a fast bowler if we had got Matthew

just dont understand why we didnt sign him

It seems an odder decision as the days and weeks go by. Maybe we never had the chance to? Maybe the club felt that his brother would be more useful for all three formats and also for his batting? I don’t know, I’m just thinking aloud, but I suspect that a county with bigger resources and more money than us would’ve just signed both of them and that would be that.

It seems an odder decision as the days and weeks go by. Maybe we never had the chance to? Maybe the club felt that his brother would be more useful for all three formats and also for his batting? I don’t know, I’m just thinking aloud, but I suspect that a county with bigger resources and more money than us would’ve just signed both of them and that would be that.

Yeah, I cant criticise as obviously no insight at all, maybe it was already done before we had him. Kent seems a strange move for him

I think Callum will be OK, but like just OK...it was a chance to get an absolute gem here I think due to circumstances

Shame, but he should be proud of how he has bowled for Durham this year.
It's the 4 day stuff callum isn't the best at Matthew is good in all formats It's a shame as we could have used overseas on maybe a fast bowler if we had got Matthew

I wonder if Sowter clowded the water in the T20 stuff, I'd like to see him get ago in the CC

am I right in thinking he was due to play last game until Parky came back?

Last edited:
I wonder if Sowter clowded the water in the T20 stuff, I'd like to see him get ago in the CC

am I right in thinking he was due to play last game until Parky came back?
I think it may have been more of a case of him appearing in the final two CC games as no one was really sure where Parky was off to after the Sussex game and so that was also probably why Souter appeared in the 2nds v Warwickshire last week (and did very well).

Yeah he did well

He’s getting better with age, I’d like to see him get a gig if the opportunity arises
He's an excellent bowler. I was at one of the 2nd XI T20s at the Riverside earlier in the season and Souter was fielding on the boundary and having a chat with Vic the Groundsman. Vic asked what he'd been up to and Souter replied that he'd been playing local league cricket in Middlesex.

Back