Parky stays

Durham Cricket can announce that Matt Parkinson will remain with the Club for the remainder of the season.

Parkinson, who is currently on loan from Lancashire will be available for Durham’s final two LV=Insurance County Championship fixture against Worcestershire and Leicestershire.

Parkinson who spent time on loan with Durham earlier in the season re-joined the club initially for the Sussex fixture last week but will now remain with Durham for the final month of the season.

He impressed last time out against Sussex with 8/138 in the match, claiming 4 wickets in each of the innings, including dismissing Cheteshwar Pujara twice.
So he's signed for the 4th time after leaving Durham after Sussex game?
He signed a 1 game loan, and has now signed a further 2 game loan

Can’t help think we’ve signed the wrong Parkinson for next year. He looks like he’s enjoyed it as well.
He looks like a lad that enjoys bowling.

I've thought the same as you but, we don't know. I hope our parky will do a good job and I have no complaints about the spin recruits this season, so, the signs are bright. What's clear is that the Riv is going to be good for spinners from now on something unheard of at CLS in previous seasons.

He looks like a lad that enjoys bowling.
Definitely.
He looked a different bowler against Sussex from the one who came here to replace the injured Kuhnemann earlier in the season.

That tremendous catch on the boundary to get rid of Tom Haines seemed to give him a boost as well as him playing a major role in that unprecedented 40 overs of spin on the first day.

It was announced over a week ago, of course he would last more than 1 game :lol:

Did you see his interview after day 1? Marty asked him if her was staying for the last 2 games. He said he didn’t know and that decision was above his pay grade. So you clearly know more than him??

Last edited:
Did you see his interview after day 1? Marty asked him if her was staying for the last 2 games. He said he didn’t know and that decision was above his pay grade. So you clearly know more than him??

Lancashire made the decision to stop him from going to Kent last week for the recent round of fixtures - but it was unclear what would happen for the last two games of the season as the theory was he would be allowed to join Kent if Lancashire had secured their safety. In the meantime Kent took the decision out of everyone’s hands by signing their own loan player.

So he stays here to win a title, no complaints from me.

Lancashire made the decision to stop him from going to Kent last week for the recent round of fixtures - but it was unclear what would happen for the last two games of the season as the theory was he would be allowed to join Kent if Lancashire had secured their safety. In the meantime Kent took the decision out of everyone’s hands by signing their own loan player.

So he stays here to win a title, no complaints from me.
Also Kent play Lancashire last game of the season. Doubt if he'd have been allowed to play in that game regardless. Hence the need for Kent to look for an alternative option.

Back