Parking near stadium today

leslodgeside

Goalkeeper
There were hundreds of parking tickets given out today , up from the colliery inn. There were no signs displayed saying it was permit only in the side streets. Are they not supposed to put up a sign up in every street.

There's massive signs on every entrance to the estate with the date permits are required. Must have been in place 10 years now.

So really it should only be away fans on their first visit who wouldn't be aware of the parking restrictions.

It really must piss the residents off if they can't get parked anywhere near their own homes due to match goers.
I moved into my house in the estate after the SOL was built so knew what I was signing up to on match days and it wasn't easy but luckily we could park in the back yard.

To be fair I wasn't that bothered about the permits coming in but I think residents were more annoyed with inconsiderate parking rather than the cars just generally being parked.

When it first came in I was speaking to a warden and said one of the biggest issues was blue badge holders parking at the entrance to the estate near the Colliery Tavern as it blocks access in and out once it gets busy. To this day it's still a problem. I don't understand why they don't park around the corner in the street which is 20 - 30 yards and doesn't then block access.
Shouldn’t of decided to live next to a stadium
Same as the whingers who live next to metro stadiums
Ffs one game every fortnight and they twist on
When I become mayor all permit zones will be removed

To be fair a large % of this estate will have lived here long before the SOL was built. I still class myself as fairly new to living here and I moved in 2001 :lol:

Last edited:
I moved into my house in the estate after the SOL was built so knew what I was signing up to on match days and it wasn't easy but luckily we could park in the back yard.

To be fair I wasn't that bothered about the permits coming in but I think residents were more annoyed with inconsiderate parking rather than the cars just generally being parked.

When it first came in I was speaking to a warden and said one of the biggest issues was blue badge holders parking at the entrance to the estate near the Colliery Tavern as it blocks access in and out once it gets busy. To this day it's still a problem. I don't understand why they don't park around the corner in the street which is 20 - 30 yards and doesn't then block access.
Amazing how many blue badge holders can walk the same distance as non disabled people
Loads round back of tesco
If you can walk from there to the ground you are not disabled

Not all disabilities are visible IIRC. Like everything else in life these days, some people take the absolute piss and ruin it for those in genuine need.

Agreed. My Mam had terminal cancer and her mobility was getting worse and worse. So her and my Step Dad applied for a Motability car and blue badge and were rejected for both. They needed a vehicle suitable to get my Mam to Chemo appointments and many other hospital appointments.

Not disabled just dying was pretty much the reply.

Agreed. My Mam had terminal cancer and her mobility was getting worse and worse. So her and my Step Dad applied for a Motability car and blue badge and were rejected for both. They needed a vehicle suitable to get my Mam to Chemo appointments and many other hospital appointments.

Not disabled just dying was pretty much the reply.
Sorry to hear that fella. Meanwhile someone with a personality complex will be handed one as fast as they can print them.

Not all disabilities are visible IIRC. Like everything else in life these days, some people take the absolute piss and ruin it for those in genuine need.
I think most are taking the piss
The amount of blue bandages you see around is ridiculous
A lot are abused by family too
I saw a bloke about 50 yesterday park just beside fishermens cottages on double yellows put a blue badge on his car
Got out of the car and ran across the road with his dog to the beach
Catch them and crush the cars and break the culprits legs

I think most are taking the piss
The amount of blue bandages you see around is ridiculous
A lot are abused by family too
I saw a bloke about 50 yesterday park just beside fishermens cottages on double yellows put a blue badge on his car
Got out of the car and ran across the road with his dog to the beach
Catch them and crush the cars and break the culprits legs
I understand the rage, but maybe a but harsh?

My mam has one....she struggles to drive now and if I take her out she insists on bringing her blue badge. She can walk two dogs for a mile or so each morning, so when I take her shopping or we go out for family meals etc, I refuse to use it. I got asked by one of the trolley dolleys in Asda carpark yesterday morning why I parked so far away from the door. Sinply becasue i'm fit and able-bodied and somebody might need a closer parking spot.

It really must piss the residents off if they can't get parked anywhere near their own homes due to match goers.
I know a lad who's lived round there since before the stadium was built. Before they brought the permits in he wouldn't go anywhere in his car on matchday because he couldn't get back anywhere near home.

Most fans are now clued up on where you can and can't park around the stadium, seems strange that suddenly for this game "Hundreds" have parked up where they shouldn't and have received a ticket ?

Permit parking just moved the “problem “ to just outside the permit zone so nothing really changes but the distance.

Compound that by the double yellow parking issue on KHW after every match , done with police turning a blind eye every match.

It’s becoming a free for all and nobody gives a monkeys.

I know a lad who's lived round there since before the stadium was built. Before they brought the permits in he wouldn't go anywhere in his car on matchday because he couldn't get back anywhere near home.
It was the same when roker park was there
You just used to manage your movements on match day

Back