park run w/bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not a bad start m8,i've no real tips apart from you training through the week say 2 5ks a week inbetween ya p/r.i started at about the same times as you have m8 i'me now trying. to sprint for 10secondintervals but failing badly!

Sprints are killing me like. Although I'm finding running outdoors instead of on a treadmill is improving my times, I think it's the boredom of a treadmill that puts me off.

Sprints are killing me like. Although I'm finding running outdoors instead of on a treadmill is improving my times, I think it's the boredom of a treadmill that puts me off.

if you are just starting out running i honestly wouldn't bother with repeats, hills, fartleks etc etc just yet. Just run steady and long to get some miles in your legs for a couple of months or so - time on your feet is as important as distance if not more so. increase weekly miles by about 10% a week and add in some strides here and there. You will naturally get fitter and faster as you go. Once you start to flatten off with your times you can start with the other 'clever' stuff. I find not over complicating things is the best way to go.

if you are just starting out running i honestly wouldn't bother with repeats, hills, fartleks etc etc just yet. Just run steady and long to get some miles in your legs for a couple of months or so - time on your feet is as important as distance if not more so. increase weekly miles by about 10% a week and add in some strides here and there. You will naturally get fitter and faster as you go. Once you start to flatten off with your times you can start with the other 'clever' stuff. I find not over complicating things is the best way to go.

Thanks again mate that's helpful. I'll knock the sprints on the head for now then (you've given me the perfect excuse!).

Legs are still aching from Saturday's parkrun at Silky, aching like mad when I was riding into work this morning. Think I'll blast through the pain with a run down the seafront tonight after work.

No p/r today had to work :(...... ..........8hrz@time & a 1/2 :)

12th@ 23:21 haven't done much training due to the start of a new job but enjoyed the run today

Done the 5k GNR yesterday in 26:50 which is 1:30 improvement in a couple of weeks. Parkrun this Saturday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back