park run w/bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ray drummond

1st one tomorrow morning hoping to do 5k in under 29mins,did i trial run in 29:14 yesterday but iv'e had a few beers watching the match anyways ile post up me time later anyone else doing this run?

couldn't compete on satda had cramp in me left calf muscle caused by an old footy injury anyways did a 5k today in a pb time of 27.25 & im'e hoping to do the park run this w/end

revised time of 25.25 after seeing online that the finish line is actually shorter than what was on the map, iv'e been running 3.29 miles instead of 3.1

completed me 1st park run ever in a time of 26.18 which had me in 58/137 with me bein the 50th male to finish bit windy & i felt like dieing so hoping it can only get better!

wheres this at mate? is it on every saturday?

it is m8 starts at 9.30 just near the soldiers monument but if you want to get a time you have to print off a barcode to do this go onto the parkrun website .if you have difficulties i can give you one as i have a few spare

ah right nice 1, didnt know about this might give it a go, cheers for info!

parkrun goes ahead with the course altered slightly because of erosion to one of the bridges,mrs reckons it's a 9am start.totally buzzing for this now & iv'e got cave man [nufc fan]in me sights

parkrun goes ahead with the course altered slightly because of erosion to one of the bridges,mrs reckons it's a 9am start.totally buzzing for this now & iv'e got cave man [nufc fan]in me sights

reminder to give dave39 1st refusal on discounted tickets for season 12-13

2nd p/r completed in a pb time of 24:32. 8th fastest in my age group loads of cluuurb runners today anarl

3rd one completed today, 2nd lap i was blowin out me arse but looks like another pb time:}still awaiting official times though

still no times wtfunk 1st lap time to now be recorded was around 12:50

p/b in a time of 23:57...wahoo

4th one completed with the course reverting back to its original route which is actually harder .anyways woke up feeling the effects of flu like symtoms[thanks kids!]put on thetunes for the 1st time but struggled for energy so times are down.manged to beat a couple of rivals which was a bonus...times to follow

24:39 but runs 2-3 were on a shorter course because of the floods ,not many pbs today in a field of 159 runners

ray drummond said:
4th one completed with the course reverting back to its original route which is actually harder .anyways woke up feeling the effects of flu like symtoms[thanks kids!]put on thetunes for the 1st time but struggled for energy so times are down.manged to beat a couple of rivals which was a bonus...times to follow

24:39 but runs 2-3 were on a shorter course because of the floods ,not many pbs today in a field of 159 runners

You don't do it barefoot do you ?? Some lass on my Facebook done it yesterday and was applauding the barefoot runner...

You don't do it barefoot do you ?? Some lass on my Facebook done it yesterday and was applauding the barefoot runner...

nah m8 im'e currently sporting a pair of nike free runs+2 but i did pass the madman he was wearing a pair of white footy socks i bet he had blisters the softsack:-D

5th run completed today & i think a new pb has been achieved ,times to follow.even got a tan & managed to keep the diorrhea in,might need to take a drugs test all the ibuprofen iv'e had this week!

5th run completed today & i think a new pb has been achieved ,times to follow.even got a tan & managed to keep the diorrhea in,might need to take a drugs test all the ibuprofen iv'e had this week!

i clocked a time of 23:38 but the official time has been set at 24:38 sure ther's been a fek up somewer

6th one in the bag time...24:20 which is a pb at the original route

lucky 7 in a pb time of 24:04 shout out for my daughters who volunteered to scan&photograph

8th one in a time of 24:23 not the best but happy i beat kaitlins dad who at the same age as me finished in 29+ minutes..hehehaha

I'm doing Silksworth 5k parkrun in sunderland tomorrow mate, first attempt. Hoping to smash the 30min barrier as a first target. Fingers crossed!

I'm doing Silksworth 5k parkrun in sunderland tomorrow mate, first attempt. Hoping to smash the 30min barrier as a first target. Fingers crossed!

just read ya comment m8,hope you're still fit enough to shout the lads on today!

10th@24:27

just read ya comment m8,hope you're still fit enough to shout the lads on today!

10th@24:27

Excellent time that mate. I managed 28:01 which I'm pleased with as a first attempt.

Aiming to get closer to your time by training hard in the next few weeks for when I do the GNR 5k.

Any tips for improving running fitness? My mate reckons hill sprints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back