Parcel packing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot

Striker
I have to return a camera for repair and have been told it must be packaged to "Post office standards" but have no idea what this entails.
If I take the camera to the PO do they offer such a service for you I can't find anything online

I have to return a camera for repair and have been told it must be packaged to "Post office standards" but have no idea what this entails.
If I take the camera to the PO do they offer such a service for you I can't find anything online
You just need to pack it so it's safe and secure, then stick a "fragile, handle with care" so the lads at the sorting office know it's ideal for a game of football with.

Decent box, well packed with lots of bubble wrap should do and take pics of it when you are done.

The bit at the bottom in blue relates specifically to cameras

We use machines to sort your mail and occasionally this can result in packaging being damaged. If we spot a damaged item we will place it in a Royal Mail bag to try and prevent further damage, but it's better to package it correctly first. Please follow these guidelines to make sure you're eligibility for compensation isn't affected if the item doesn't arrive as expected.

General advice for wrapping and packaging your mail
  • Use padded envelopes for sharp edges or odd shapes.
  • Make sure any outer containers are strong enough for their contents.
  • Fragile items shouldn't touch either each other, or the side of the container.
  • Fill out containers with cushioning material like bubble-wrap or polystyrene chips (available from most Post Office® branches).
  • Write a return address on the item.
  • Put a contact name, address and telephone number inside.
  • Seal securely with nylon or vinyl tape along all edges and openings.
  • Flatten any sharp edge from staples or metal fastenings, and cover with tape.
  • Use a 'FRAGILE' sticker, if necessary.
Guidance on wrapping and packaging specific items
Please check our prohibited and restricted information and Country guides to make sure your item can be sent in the mail, and any specific conditions, including wrapping & packaging advice.

Prohibited and restricted items include, but are not limited to; aerosols, alcohol, batteries, crackers, electronic items, lighters, liquids, matches, medicines, nail varnish, paints, perfumes and perishables.

Articles for the Blind

royalmail.com/prohibitedgoods

• Detach any lens or additional pieces, and if possible use the original retailer's packaging.
  • Surround in a minimum of 5cm of cushion material and place in a rigid container

You need to kick the hell out of it, tear the packaging and have the local postie go through it for birthday money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back