Palworld

andy78

Striker
Not tried it myself yet but this seems to be a big hit all of a sudden. It looks like a weird mash up of a few different genres, like a mix of Satisfactory, Pokemon and Valheim and is actually getting good reviews. Just dropped on game pass too.

That's what the consensus was when bits were shown off before release, looks mad and is probably some scam but turns out it's class
Downloaded it and had a game but says it’s the beta version, is that right? I don’t want to lose progress that’s all.

Downloaded it and had a game but says it’s the beta version, is that right? I don’t want to lose progress that’s all.
It's still in early access at the minute
Watching that video, there is some pretty blatant ripping off of Pokémon characters like :lol:
Apparently some lad made a mod that makes them the actual Pokemon they're ripping off and Nintendo immediately had lawyers knocking on his door :lol:

That's not always the case with these games and they don't always come out of early access anyway, 7 Days to Die has been in early access for over 10 years!
Haha ok thanks, reminds me a little of Two Worlds if you remember back that far, very open and not a clue what to do 😂

Haha ok thanks, reminds me a little of Two Worlds if you remember back that far, very open and not a clue what to do 😂
The basics is to catch the Pokemon Pals and gather resources, then you can start making a base and all the pals you catch will have bonuses for certain skills, like gathering, mining, farming, etc, and you can then use them to start automating your base. The pals have elements, where a water one will be strong when you're fighting a fire one. Some will have other perks, like being able to ride or fly them, being able to pick them up and use them as a flamethrower or a turret.

Then you level up you and the pals, explore the world, defeat bosses and dungeons (you can catch the bosses when they have low enough health). There are villages and NPCs with quests and shops. Typical RPG stuff.

It's on Xbox gamepass if you have that - just started mucking around on it but no blooming clue what I'm doing. Feels rather Minecraft/fortnite without the swearing at your mates and being 11 years old at the moment.

It’s canny for what it is but would like more flexibility with co-op.

I created a world and the bairn joined me from his Xbox then when I left he was kicked out and when he started his own game he had to start again, shame he couldn’t take his character and pals etc with him.

He says it’s the same in Minecraft but I think that’ll spoil it for me, maybe they change that in full game, hope so.

It’s canny for what it is but would like more flexibility with co-op.

I created a world and the bairn joined me from his Xbox then when I left he was kicked out and when he started his own game he had to start again, shame he couldn’t take his character and pals etc with him.

He says it’s the same in Minecraft but I think that’ll spoil it for me, maybe they change that in full game, hope so.
That is on the roadmap they published earlier, so should only be a temporary issue.

Back