Pallion Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a crazy old place that in my youth had a couple of nice boozers and also some very good cheap food shops that my mother (no) used to love. Now it literally is a takeaway heaven or hell whichever way you look at it.
70s?

Drive through regularly and was impressed with their Remembrance Day tribute - poppies plastered all ower. Think they’ve hoyed a few Christmas decs up now n’arl. Fair play to whoever is trying to brighten up the area.

Those areas went downhill as soon as the Irish and their ‘dags’ were allowed to rent properties.
It went downhill when they pulled the likes of Ford Estate ,Pennywell,Southwick and the like down and moved all the scum bags into private rentals over Pallion and Millfield .
Eden vale went down hill when curtain closers moved in .

And Harry "Brassneck Trenholms newsagents with the stinking alsatian dog.
I remember his daughter Babbsy Trenholms.

Nah it's the people leaving their curtains closed all days that's the problem round there. It all went sour once they stopped revealing their daily goings on in their front room to all nebby passers by.
This .

Scruffs and foreigners .

Not a decent take away amongst them either. I used to only ever buy from Pizza Uno but its gone right down the shitter.

I still think it's preferable to those weirdos who leave the big light on and their curtains open all evening. Proper wrong uns.
Oooff that's one thing I hate is the big light on like .

I'm deadly serious by the way about folk who don't open their curtains during the day .Not normal .

Oooff that's one thing I hate is the big light on like .

I'm deadly serious by the way about folk who don't open their curtains during the day .Not normal .
Ah knar ye are!

Mine will stay closed tomorrow. Always do on a Tuesday as we don't venture in to the front room until evening. Tbh the wife would leave them closed most days. We're wrang uns though.

Ah knar ye are!

Mine will stay closed tomorrow. Always do on a Tuesday as we don't venture in to the front room until evening. Tbh the wife would leave them closed most days. We're wrang uns though.
Can't get me head round it tbh mate ,we don't have any blinds or curtains up on the bi-folds as I like to look out onto the garden and into the sky on a night .Very therapeutic.

The only thing that has remained the same over the years is the opticians opposite St Luke's church with the optical illusion sign. It has been there forever.

Can't get me head round it tbh mate ,we don't have any blinds or curtains up on the bi-folds as I like to look out onto the garden and into the sky on a night .Very therapeutic.

I love the big curtainless windows you get in Dutch canal houses and the like, the light that comes into the rooms is brilliant.

But, to take your example, if instead of looking out onto a relaxing garden, your window looked direct out on to a pavement, and every scrote or nosey bastard walking by looks into the room as they go past, what would you do? Serious question.

I love the big curtainless windows you get in Dutch canal houses and the like, the light that comes into the rooms is brilliant.

But, to take your example, if instead of looking out onto a relaxing garden, your window looked direct out on to a pavement, and every scrote or nosey bastard walking by looks into the room as they go past, what would you do? Serious question.
I'd have blinds mate tinted to one side .To have them closed 24/7 is a sign of some sort of depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back