Pak vs Eng 4th ODI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the ball not turning as much? I don't have SKY so dont see any of the games.

Why are we betting so well in the ODI's and not test matches?

Don't get me wrong i'm bloody thrilled but the TM's are THE most important and they basically humiliates us during the series.

gards2 said:
Is the ball not turning as much? I don't have SKY so dont see any of the games.

Why are we betting so well in the ODI's and not test matches?

Don't get me wrong i'm bloody thrilled but the TM's are THE most important and they basically humiliates us during the series.

Less men around the bat helps but most of all the application by cook pietersen and Bopara has been the major difference

Nick Knight always has to give his view on something by looking at both sides of the coin, they should start calling him "on the other hand Knight".

His Mrs must hate when they go out for a meal you can just see it Nick - "well I like the ribs ribs because they are juicy and not too filling but on the other hand the soup is not too filling either and quite nice". Nick's Mrs " Will you just Fuckin order man its been 40 bloody minutes of you analyzing the menu and still you don't have your own opinion"

spot on ....

eddyfinn said:
Nick Knight always has to give his view on something by looking at both sides of the coin, they should start calling him "on the other hand Knight".

His Mrs must hate when they go out for a meal you can just see it Nick - "well I like the ribs ribs because they are juicy and not too filling but on the other hand the soup is not too filling either and quite nice". Nick's Mrs " Will you just Fuckin order man its been 40 bloody minutes of you analyzing the menu and still you don't have your own opinion"

:)

essex boy said:
I am not looking to wind up, but 4 saffers and an Irishman (who I dont consider English since Joyce switched nationalities twice) is bordering on farcical

Aye. Plastic England side this.

We can safely say that was a drubbing for Pakistan in that series.

Decent bowling attack but they cannot bat for toffee.

Last edited:
But you have to treat each case individually

Trott - South Africa born but two English parents
KP - English mother
Kieswetter - Scottish mother (which is as good as English for test cricket purposes)
Dernbach - resident in England since teens.
Morgan - at the time of his switch, the only way he could get to play test cricket was to move to England.

All chosen within the rules. I'd agree about Joyce though, once switched to a test nation, no switching back if you're not quite good enough.

so from that, i would come to the conclusion that none of them are english, except trott possibly, and KP is half english by birth so fair enough, all teh rest are just trying it on.

within the rule yes, but proof that the rules are daft

so from that, i would come to the conclusion that none of them are english, except trott possibly, and KP is half english by birth so fair enough, all teh rest are just trying it on.

I don't mind players with English parentage or players like Kieswetter, Dernbach, Strauss and Prior who have lived in this country for most of their lives and come up through the English system. It's players who just come to the country to play for England that I don't like, players who are being mercenary with no links to the country.

Same with athletics, my mate's training for the Olympics and he reckons there's loads of African athletes being offered passports to compete for European countries - that's a joke.

I don't mind players with English parentage or players like Kieswetter, Dernbach, Strauss and Prior who have lived in this country for most of their lives and come up through the English system. It's players who just come to the country to play for England that I don't like, players who are being mercenary with no links to the country.

Same with athletics, my mate's training for the Olympics and he reckons there's loads of African athletes being offered passports to compete for European countries - that's a joke.

if i went to live in another country i would still be english and would never feel right representing another country. citizenship is a cop out and is exactly what you mention when you say "players who are being mercenary with no links to the country."

played for South Africa U19

played for South Africa U19

Did he? I thought he came across younger than that, I take it back.

if i went to live in another country i would still be english and would never feel right representing another country. citizenship is a cop out and is exactly what you mention when you say "players who are being mercenary with no links to the country."

I think if you come through a school system, learn the game in that country then it's fair enough.

Twisted said:

Trott was celebrating a South African win at Edgbaston in 2008, Vaughan comments on it in his book. Should never be anywhere near an England side IMO.

Trott was celebrating a South African win at Edgbaston in 2008, Vaughan comments on it in his book. Should never be anywhere near an England side IMO.

oh aye, i remember when that came out.

agreed, i dont think he should be included, my point was out of that list he had the greatest claim to being 'english'

not that seems to play any part in selection...

Trott said he was congratulating Paul Harris as they were childhood friends, apoligised to Vaughan if he thought it was him celebrating SA win

mikemanc said:
Link doesn't show anything but I believed you anyway :lol:

Won the u19 world cup with SA too. It sounds like another who didn't like there system and was then picked up from university

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back