Pak vs Eng 4th ODI Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddyfinn

Striker
Pakistan: Mohammad Hafeez, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Umar Akmal, Shoiab Malik, Shahid Afridi, Adnan Akmal (wk), Junaid Khan, Abdur Rehman, Saeed Ajmal.

England: Cook (capt), Pietersen, Trott, Morgan, Buttler, Kieswetter (wk), Patel, Bresnan, Briggs, Dernbach, Finn.

good changes imo

Too many changes for me. Don't mind giving debuts to Briggs and Buttler but I'd rather see us play the likes of Broad and Anderson as we already know what Dernbach and Bresnan can and can't do.

We should be clinical and play for a 4-0 whitewash as opposed to handing out games willy-nilly.

Safc_Luke said:
Nick Knight

"Unhappy about changing winning team. Wouldn't happen in test match"

3-0 up in a 4 game series is the perfect time to blood some younger players

Twisted said:
Nick Knight speaks and the world collectively switch off...

The Garth Crooks of the cricket world. He makes slow and laboured points with careful hand gesturing. Yawnathon

Nick Knight always has to give his view on something by looking at both sides of the coin, they should start calling him "on the other hand Knight".

His Mrs must hate when they go out for a meal you can just see it Nick - "well I like the ribs ribs because they are juicy and not too filling but on the other hand the soup is not too filling either and quite nice". Nick's Mrs " Will you just Fuckin order man its been 40 bloody minutes of you analyzing the menu and still you don't have your own opinion"

Nick Knight always has to give his view on something by looking at both sides of the coin, they should start calling him "on the other hand Knight".

His Mrs must hate when they go out for a meal you can just see it Nick - "well I like the ribs ribs because they are juicy and not too filling but on the other hand the soup is not too filling either and quite nice". Nick's Mrs " Will you just Fuckin order man its been 40 bloody minutes of you analyzing the menu and still you don't have your own opinion"

sounds just like me :lol::lol:

Playing really well hopefully keiswetter can adapt to his position and give him the support required

too much pressure being put on Kieswetter imo, dropping him down the order where he might not get a bat just gonna put more pressure when he comes in. Would rather he bat at 3 or open than Morgan at 3, 5 is where Morgan should bat.

Oh and drop Buttler he's rubbish im swimming,swimming

I am not looking to wind up, but 4 saffers and an Irishman (who I dont consider English since Joyce switched nationalities twice) is bordering on farcical

I'm not liking how the commentators keep going on about "England closing in on a whitewash". We're only a couple of wickets away from being in trouble, and we still need a run a ball.

I'm not liking how the commentators keep going on about "England closing in on a whitewash". We're only a couple of wickets away from being in trouble, and we still need a run a ball.

just need to remember the West Indies game at the WC :oops:

back to back KP :eek: Make sure you win the game

essex boy said:
I am not looking to wind up, but 4 saffers and an Irishman (who I dont consider English since Joyce switched nationalities twice) is bordering on farcical

Indeed.

But they play for England and they've just won 4-0 on the sub continent in an ODI series. Excellent performance and Andy Flower might have cracked it ;)

But you have to treat each case individually

Trott - South Africa born but two English parents
KP - English mother
Kieswetter - Scottish mother (which is as good as English for test cricket purposes)
Dernbach - resident in England since teens.
Morgan - at the time of his switch, the only way he could get to play test cricket was to move to England.

All chosen within the rules. I'd agree about Joyce though, once switched to a test nation, no switching back if you're not quite good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back