Ozil quits Germany and lays into head of Fa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously not. Fair enough.
It's just a stupid point, slavery affected black people way more than white people and implying otherwise is so disrespectful.

I'd agree that racist abuse is wrong in all forms, my point is that you can't really equate the two as white people have never really been treated as second class citizens and it's this historical weighting which for me undermines all this 'White Lives Matter' nonsense because nobody has ever said otherwise.
White people and other white people have completely different histories. As do black people and other black people.
Yeah obviously this is true, I'm not saying white people can't have it tough, just that it would be tougher if they were also black.

It's just a stupid point, slavery affected black people way more than white people and implying otherwise is so disrespectful.

I'd agree that racist abuse is wrong in all forms, my point is that you can't really equate the two as white people have never really been treated as second class citizens and it's this historical weighting which for me undermines all this 'White Lives Matter' nonsense because nobody has ever said otherwise.

Yeah obviously this is true, I'm not saying white people can't have it tough, just that it would be tougher if they were also black.
White people have for nearly two centuries in North Africa.
Slavery no longer exists thankfully. I’m certainly not going to apologise for things that white people did before I was born.

White people have been treat as second class citizens, you can't just collectively say white people have it good and black people don't.

White people have been enslaved by black people, sold by black people, enslaved by other white people, sold by white people, they have been part of a feudal system that gave them no rights, a class system that gave most of them no rights.

It depends on where you are from and at what time you grew up. Some black people have brilliant lives that fare little in the way of hardship, some white people do too. It's not as scaleable as you may think.

I'd sign him whether he was Muslim Catholic Protestant or Jedi, as long as he played well.
It reminds me of the time there was an EDL march in Newcastle and one of the marchers had a Cisse shirt on, the irony was lost on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back