Oxford vaccine

Nice to try and find something positive during all this horror

Im optimistic but realistic

UK will be first to gain access

If it works then it will take sometime before its open to the general population. First access rightfully goes to the healthcare workers and at risk groups.
In reality, general population arent at risk, so normality could resume if high risk groups were immunised. I'd happily give up my shot if it allowed someone at.risk in another country to receive it.

Nice to try and find something positive during all this horror

Im optimistic but realistic

UK will be first to gain access

If it works then it will take sometime before its open to the general population. First access rightfully goes to the healthcare workers and at risk groups.

This is how the flu vaccine generally works. When I was having my chemo I got the vaccine but I haven't had it since

What do you think of that last sentence?

"But he said he has now seen tests for coronavirus of a good standard which can produce a result in a ‘few minutes’.

Sir John said: ‘That would be transformative because we could all test ourselves regularly and test our kids after they’ve been off to a rave and all that stuff.’

Is better and faster testing really the answer to getting back to something more normal? Not sure myself. You're still spreading it around with out knowing before you've been tested

What do you think of that last sentence?

"But he said he has now seen tests for coronavirus of a good standard which can produce a result in a ‘few minutes’.

Sir John said: ‘That would be transformative because we could all test ourselves regularly and test our kids after they’ve been off to a rave and all that stuff.’

Is better and faster testing really the answer to getting back to something more normal? Not sure myself. You're still spreading it around with out knowing before you've been tested

If you could test yourself at home daily and get results in minutes then that would be massive

I've still no idea why you'd want to test yourself everyday, even if it was cheap.

Say if your in the house 3-4 days hardly going out working from home then no big deal then no need to do it daily but if your back in your usual working environment mixing socially with friends again then why not take the option to do the test if it takes minutes to supply results ?

The clue is in the word unnecessary

Everyone is different and to be honest your probably right daily probably to cautious but if there was a simple device you could use to check daily which take minutes to tell and would be cheap then I would check daily to be honest I’m overly cautious tho But overly if that device did exact I’m sure we can agree it would make a big difference

Most of society care about passing infectious diseases on. If they didn't we'd be in a much worse state. Finding out as soon as possible when you have something has a massive impact on the R rate if you react appropriately, even if you've just been out infecting people, it brings it to a halt that wouldn't otherwise occur until unique symptoms emerge. Even just halving it could turn a hugely problematic 1.6 into a manageable and dwindling 0.8.

Back