Oxford League Cup match

Iirc the 4 games against Oxford and Wycombe were possibly the worst I've ever seen for cheating sly f***ing players.
Can someone confirm this as I am suffering from memory loss .

Your view seems quite popular, but it wasn't one I particularly agreed with, even at the time. Oxford went down easily at times but we were absolutely not at the races that day. Every tackle we put in was five minutes late. The crowd were really angsty that day too. It was just a bizarre game from start to finish.

Wycombe I thought were absolutely fine at ours, but apparently horrendous at their place.

Your view seems quite popular, but it wasn't one I particularly agreed with, even at the time. Oxford went down easily at times but we were absolutely not at the races that day. Every tackle we put in was five minutes late. The crowd were really angsty that day too. It was just a bizarre game from start to finish.

Wycombe I thought were absolutely fine at ours, but apparently horrendous at their place.
I think Wycombe away was the worst. Their performance was scandalous, really.

I cant bring myself to watch it. Our evening will be ruined if i do. This is the worst Sunderland team in my 46 years and ive seen some shite in that time..

Anyone know if the match is being televised anywhere in South Shields?
Or in Sunderland if people are specifically able to sat where?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have won but it's a game of fine margins. We were off the pace, leggy and scored straight after you'd hit the post when your No.10 should have done better. Power (?) then missed a sitter right on half-time and a Shandon Baptiste effort aside, we had nothing in the second half. Why we didn't make any changes in the run-up to your goal is beyond me, it was coming. Still, we rode our luck after you scored and penalties can go either way. Our pens were mint and gave your keeper no chance. Your first two were good also, the third :eek::eek::eek::eek: and the fourth was an excellent save from Eastwood.

Hard lines.

You should have won but it's a game of fine margins. We were off the pace, leggy and scored straight after you'd hit the post when your No.10 should have done better. Power (?) then missed a sitter right on half-time and a Shandon Baptiste effort aside, we had nothing in the second half. Why we didn't make any changes in the run-up to your goal is beyond me, it was coming. Still, we rode our luck after you scored and penalties can go either way. Our pens were mint and gave your keeper no chance. Your first two were good also, the third :eek::eek::eek::eek: and the fourth was an excellent save from Eastwood.

Hard lines.
O'Nien should have had a pen.

This Oxford fan post match tonight wearing a Man U hat and gloves I said to him I didn't realise Man U were playing tonight he said they hadn't been he didn't get what I meant his mate did who found it amusing

Back