Our fans in Wycombe end

I don’t actually think there were many based on the youtube videos I’ve seen. However, there were plenty who lived near Wycombe that supported other London teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham etc.

I guess that’s why there was very little passion from them other than behind the goal. Obviously losing the game doesn’t help, but they were quiet even before then.

I also saw a comment about 200 or so Spanish fans who got tickets in the Wycombe end to watch Sunderland. How true all that is, I’m not sure.
Yeah must have seen a good 4 or 5 videos from their end...last one I watched showed a wife in front kick off with the lad filming...must admit it would do my head in if I had someone essentially filming and talking over the full match like :lol:
Yeah I saw that. She was bang out of order mind the way she went on. Although he would have done my tits in too. There were plenty of seats so I’m not sure why you wouldn’t just move!

Last edited:
I don’t actually think there were many based on the youtube videos I’ve seen. However, there were plenty who lived near Wycombe that supported other London teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham etc.

I guess that’s why there was very little passion from them other than behind the goal. Obviously losing the game doesn’t help, but they were quiet even before then.

I also saw a comment about 200 or so Spanish fans who got tickets in the Wycombe end to watch Sunderland. How true all that is, I’m not sure.

Yeah I saw that. She was bang out of order mind the way she went on. Although he would have done my tits in too. There were plenty of seats so I’m not sure why you wouldn’t just move!
100%, I saw another video where the lad filming did move to some empty seats so it was definitely possible (they had plenty to choose from!)

Not technically "their" end but was in a Level 4 box that was amongst their fans.

Next door were from Shields, and relieved that we were Sunderland too... but did notice a load of Wycombe in tracksuits a few boxes along, assuming players or staff not involved.

Obviously we were above them but definitely close enough for us to be heard, and other than a tatie in purple top hat, they seemed largely unbothered by our presence and dare I say resigned to defeat.

There were a handful of ours in there, but only became apparent after the game when they were the only ones left :)

We as in family of 4 were in club Wembley 204 the last part before segregation, there was also a part of 4 Sunderland sitting behind us, the rest were Wickham fans.It was pretty quiet until Embo scored and we just jumped up and celebrated without any thought, luckily no one reacted. At no point did we feel intimidated or worried about our safety and come the second half we were singing with the sunlan.
The view of our crowd was amazing , so we were just left of the Royal box, we could see KLD head, and we have great photos of our fans, unfortunately I cannot share as I’m no good at that shit.
and at the end
The Wickham fans applauded us, felt pretty good.

Yeah must have seen a good 4 or 5 videos from their end...last one I watched showed a wife in front kick off with the lad filming...must admit it would do my head in if I had someone essentially filming and talking over the full match like :lol:
Same here. Why miss the match ‘cos you’re talking? But having said that, I really enjoy the footage of the game from a different angle.

I laughed when one of the commentators said many of the Wycombe fans stayed in to applaud Sunderland. I'd guess many of them were Sunderland who'd had to keep quiet.

I don't think they'd have been concerned about getting a slap tbh, more that they didn't want to be ejected.

I remember at Watford when they were angry with our lads in their sections and were systematically pointing them out to stewards.

Harmless end of season game ffs.

We were in Club Wembley 203 - Wycombe side a couple of sections along from the Royal box and I think it was at least 30% SAFC. No issues when we were singing and cheering the goals.
In the Wycombe Diamond Hospitality it was similar proportion of SAFC also.
Above us in the level 3+4 boxes they were all SAFC as well.

On their forum (which has largely been complementary about our fanbase in and around the stadium) there was this comment:

I was right next to the rogue Executive Box Mackem with my 7 year old daughter. Was quite disturbing really. He was an absolute tool for shouting loudly and clearly revelling in rubbing it in after their second goal. Some Wycombe fans were angrily trying to confront him and loads of Wembley staff in blue were trying badly to calm the situation.

The security eventually forced him inside but he threw some paper or something which hit me. I really don't get why he couldn't just have enjoyed the moment without revelling in confrontation, and the same goes for the Wycombe fans who wanted to scuff as well

Sounds like the fella went on like a bit of a tit.

Back