O'Sullivan maximum break

Selby 2-1 Wollaston. Wollaston scored a 101 break, Selby replied with an exact 100

High quality stuff on this table. There’s been 7 frames, with three hundred breaks and a max

Anyone who had the time to practice snooker the amount the top players do could earn well out of it. Most of us don’t have the time. I played pool the other day and was shite. Haven’t played in years and used to be brilliant when I played all night in pubs.

not trolling here, but shocked to hear it's only his 15th. Thought they happened much more often
I think he holds the record for 147s in tournament play. He definitely has the most centuries made record all time

not trolling here, but shocked to hear it's only his 15th. Thought they happened much more often
Used almost never happen until Hendry and Ronnie came along. Ronnie could've had quite a few more but genuinely isnt motivated to get them unless there's a decent prize pot for them, see his deliberate 146 a couple of years ago. He's that good that before taking his first shot of a frame he's asked what the prize fund is and gone on to get one and also declined to pot the last black (until pressurised to do so by the ref) because the fund wasnt big enough

I think he holds the record for 147s in tournament play. He definitely has the most centuries made record all time
yeah 15 147's now and I think it's 955 centruy breaks.

Max break is 155.

Indeed, Higgins is said to be one of the few players in snooker history to have scored a break of 155 — rather remarkable as the 'maximum' is generally considered to be 147. But a 155 is possible, although it requires exceptional circumstances.26 Jul 2010
Alex Higgins: A 155 break impossible? Not for Higgy - Belfast Telegraph

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/.../alex-higgins-a-155-break-impossible-not-for-higg...
My mar grew up with Wally West, the first person to ever get a 151 in the 70's. Nice fella, was a family friend until his death. Gave me a few nice cues over the years.

Maximum break - Wikipedia

Oddly enough, he was related to Fred West.

Max break is 155.

Indeed, Higgins is said to be one of the few players in snooker history to have scored a break of 155 — rather remarkable as the 'maximum' is generally considered to be 147. But a 155 is possible, although it requires exceptional circumstances.26 Jul 2010
Alex Higgins: A 155 break impossible? Not for Higgy - Belfast Telegraph

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/.../alex-higgins-a-155-break-impossible-not-for-higg...

Maybe a pinch of salt is required there.

Strange how he was unable to even make a single 147 in official competition.

Nor does he even rank on the long list for highest number of century breaks.

Used almost never happen until Hendry and Ronnie came along. Ronnie could've had quite a few more but genuinely isnt motivated to get them unless there's a decent prize pot for them, see his deliberate 146 a couple of years ago. He's that good that before taking his first shot of a frame he's asked what the prize fund is and gone on to get one and also declined to pot the last black (until pressurised to do so by the ref) because the fund wasnt big enough

yeah 15 147's now and I think it's 955 centruy breaks.

The time he asked the referee if there was a prize for 147 was after about 3 reds / blacks.
There wasn’t, only a prize for highest break.
He scored 140 then had to be persuaded to pot the final black for the maximum.

Back