Oscar Pistorius makes new parole bid.

At the time I said I could see how his version of events could be true, and I stick with that. doesn't mean I am saying he is innocent, just that I can see how that could happen (mainly factoring in his paranoid mindset)
South Africa is a paranoid place. Loved it when I was there but pulling security trellises across every window, activating the electric fence and switching on the armed response alarms as part of my normal going to bed routine was a bit off putting.

Yeah he said he heard a noise while lying in bed or something, surely the first thing you would do is reach over and say did you hear that to your partner ?
He wasn't in bed when he heard the noise. He says she was laying next to him and they even spoke to each other, then he went to sort the balcony and as he finishes doing that he hears the noise in the bathroom, the room is almost pitch black by that point and as far as he is aware she is in bed, so it must be someone breaking in, so he grabs a gun and goes off to the bathroom, realising later that she must have got up and gone to the bathroom when he was sorting the balcony doors

He wasn't in bed when he heard the noise. He says she was laying next to him and they even spoke to each other, then he went to sort the balcony and as he finishes doing that he hears the noise in the bathroom, the room is almost pitch black by that point and as far as he is aware she is in bed, so it must be someone breaking in, so he grabs a gun and goes off to the bathroom, realising later that she must have got up and gone to the bathroom when he was sorting the balcony doors
He has killed her intentionally for me 100%. I can't believe you can be done for murder and be out in a decade. They must have a lenient justice system over there. Class country, shame about some bad eggs.

He wasn't done for murder, hence why he is out in a decade
Really? I'm having
The Mandela effect. I could swear blind that he did. I guess it was manslaughter, so he did get away with murder then?

I struggle to comprehend his version of events tbh. You blast the door of the bathroom before you check that the wife that's in bed with you is still there? And without any warning or trying to find out who it is behind the door, you shoot and ask questions later? Fuck off Oscar. He planned to kill his wife imo

Really? I'm having
The Mandela effect. I could swear blind that he did. I guess it was manslaughter, so he did get away with murder then?

I struggle to comprehend his version of events tbh. You blast the door of the bathroom before you check that the wife that's in bed with you is still there? And without any warning or trying to find out who it is behind the door, you shoot and ask questions later? Fuck off Oscar. He planned to kill his wife imo
His story was a joke and just a pathetic attempt at saving his own arse. I thought with him being a white South African celebrity he'd get completely off with it. Thankfully he didn't. The sentence he served didn't fit the crime but it was better than a possible alternative.
Anybody who believes his cock and bull defence is Mr G Gullible from Gullible street, Gullible city, Gullibleland.

Really? I'm having
He was found guilty of culpable homicide, which I find a bit confusing to get my head around as a crime tbh.

Just read an explanation which said its when they are unable to prove intention to kill when prosecuting for murder. Which just doesn't work in my head. But means the sentencing guidelines are different and people get out in much less time.
I struggle to comprehend his version of events tbh. You blast the door of the bathroom before you check that the wife that's in bed with you is still there?
His story is that he didn't need to check as he was chatting to her in bed only seconds earlier.

As I said, if I was in the jury I couldn't say that I thought beyond reasonable doubt that he killed her intentionally

Last edited:
He was found guilty of culpable homicide, which I find a bit confusing to get my head around as a crime tbh.

Just read an explanation which said its when they are unable to prove intention to kill when prosecuting for murder. Which just doesn't work in my head. But means the sentencing guidelines are different and people get out in much less time.

His story is that he didn't need to check as he was chatting to her in bed only seconds earlier.

As I said, if I was in the jury I couldn't say that I thought beyond reasonable doubt that he killed her intentionally
I get that but the
intent shouldn't have made that much difference between the sentencing that case. He picked up a gun and shot someone dead with it, no excuses. I'm pretty sure even if that had been a burglar, he'd still be in bother. This was his wife, that he slept with in the same bed.

Should have been life.

Last edited:
Yeah I've seen it my love, he's a proper murdering, angry creep !!!!
His shitty explanation didn't wash with me, he'll have heard her screaming after the first shot FFS :confused:
Aye, I thought you might've already seen it.

I seen it when it was previously shown on TV.

How that crazy judge only convicted him of culpable homicide in his initial trial, despite clear evidence pointing to him murdering Reeva Steenkamp, God only knows.

Even when he was eventually convicted of murder after an appeal by the prosecution, the same crazy judge, only sentenced him to a paltry 6 years imprisonment.
WTAF ?? :eek: :evil:

He ought to be jailed for the rest of his life, imho.

First shot
Aye, I thought you might've already seen it.

I seen it when it was previously shown on TV.

How that crazy judge only convicted him of culpable homicide in his initial trial, despite clear evidence pointing to him murdering Reeva Steenkamp, God only knows.

Even when he was eventually convicted of murder after an appeal by the prosecution, the same crazy judge, only sentenced him to a paltry 6 years imprisonment.
WTAF ?? :eek: :evil:

He ought to be jailed for the rest of his life, imho.
Totally agree, he got off way too lightly :confused:

Back