Organising Photos - Picasa

errant

Striker
What software do people use for organising their photographs when saved to their home machines?

For years now I've organised the myriad of photos I've got using the free google picasa program, which was discontinued early last year. I've solidered on for a while as its has worked in a fashion but now it seems that less & less of the program works.

What software do people use for organising their photographs when saved to their home machines?

For years now I've organised the myriad of photos I've got using the free google picasa program, which was discontinued early last year. I've solidered on for a while as its has worked in a fashion but now it seems that less & less of the program works.

Adobe Lightroom.

It's more of a photographers processing suite - so includes organisation, tagging, some editing and some outputting etc. It'll take some getting used to though.
If you just want very plain and simple, then it might be a step too far, but I'd definitely recommend it for more serious users.

I just organise mine in folders on the disk drive and use FastStone Image Viewer to browse them, but as pointed out above, Lightroom is the choice for many.

Back