Oppenheimer

Found it quite boring tbh. Would have preferred a doc on the science of it. Preferred Barbie.
its the film version of the book "american prometheus", which i would highly recommend (although like the film its quite long!)... the book isnt about the bomb, its about him and whilst the bomb is what he's known for it doesn't necessarily define him.

Found it quite boring tbh. Would have preferred a doc on the science of it. Preferred Barbie.

Even though I'm interested in the history, the science and the people involved I did find the film to be a hard slog at times and often found myself rewinding it a few times as the constant time jumps can be confusing. Might have been better as a ensemble piece with more about some of the other scientists (Bohr, Feynman, Pauli) and not so much emphasis on Oppenheimer himself.

Even though I'm interested in the history, the science and the people involved I did find the film to be a hard slog at times and often found myself rewinding it a few times as the constant time jumps can be confusing. Might have been better as a ensemble piece with more about some of the other scientists (Bohr, Feynman, Pauli) and not so much emphasis on Oppenheimer himself.

Aye, Bafta winning and Oscar nominated Christopher Nolan, who has made some of the greatest films in the last 25 years and made billions and billions at the box office should have asked Darlo1973 off RTG, with his vast screenwriting experience, what he could have done to make his film better.

Great film though
Is it?
Poor Things is my choice. (For the best film Oscar)
I’ve seen too many Nolan films that bore me or just go on too long like Inception which I thought was tosh and the Batman ones which are passable but still childish.
Will eventually watch Oppenheimer on streaming I suppose.

Aye, Bafta winning and Oscar nominated Christopher Nolan, who has made some of the greatest films in the last 25 years and made billions and billions at the box office should have asked Darlo1973 off RTG, with his vast screenwriting experience, what he could have done to make his film better.

There's no doubt that Oppenheimer is a great achievement in film-making and brought the story of someone that most people wouldn't have heard of to millions and been a huge commercial and critical success but maybe not the story of the Manhattan Project that I would have wanted to see.

I didn't like Inception either though Interstellar wasn't too bad.

A boring, over-long film in which there is not enough character-led drama to maintain the audience's interest.
There's no doubt that Oppenheimer is a great achievement in film-making and brought the story of someone that most people wouldn't have heard of to millions and been a huge commercial and critical success but maybe not the story of the Manhattan Project that I would have wanted to see.

I didn't like Inception either though Interstellar wasn't too bad.
Don't feel you have to be accommodating to the snittiness. I was awarded a distinction for my masters degree in creative writing and I agree with your assessment of it

Last edited:

Back