Oor Wullie and The Broons

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone else use Oor Wullie words in normal conversation? And does anyone actually read it in a Scottish accent? I don’t.

But I regularly say stuff like fitba, drookit, help ma boab, jings and crivvens.

Got them every year for Xmas for years. Looked forward to reading them. Not sure why, they were never much kop :)
my wife gets them for me ever since we were married. never ever read them.

mind at one time we used to buy the sunday papers and the sunday post was always bought and that was down here in sunderland. used to read oor willie and the broons from the paper. used to love reading the football reports. The cross was a belter and the winger placed the ball in the top corner. It was a stoater of a goal.

my wife gets them for me ever since we were married. never ever read them.

mind at one time we used to buy the sunday papers and the sunday post was always bought and that was down here in sunderland. used to read oor willie and the broons from the paper. used to love reading the football reports. The cross was a belter and the winger placed the ball in the top corner. It was a stoater of a goal.
The Sunday Post was surprisingly popular in the Sunderland area . Of course, like all newspapers it was much better then . It was very good for the football . Because of, I suppose it's distribution area, our match reports (and theirs) were bigger than those of the arse and man ure etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back