Only 1% of Covid deaths in fully vaccinated population.

Old Timer

Winger

It quite a distance into the report but the bar chart on deaths is very good evidence that the vaccines are working and anybody who is not getting the vaccine is a fool, unless they have clear medical reasons for not getting.

It quite a distance into the report but the bar chart on deaths is very good evidence that the vaccines are working and anybody who is not getting the vaccine is a fool, unless they have clear medical reasons for not getting.
very good news, the data really is stacking up that adults should get jabbed, it just makes sense from risk to reward stand point, much more risk doing nothing.

But what are these medical grounds for not getting the jab, it keeps getting said but is there clear guidelines?

I know anaphylactic reaction is a major one and I think pregnant women was another group is that it or has further advise been given, had a quick google and couldn't find anything that's more recent than the first guidelines?

I know my wife was told not to have the Jab because of the risk of anaphylactic shock and had to only take AZ and only at the hospital, but as she really wanted the jab went ahead, mainly to make sure she protected her parents moving forward, she is concerned that Pfizer is the only option for boosters and worries it means if offered she cant take the booster shot.

Last edited:
very good news, the data really is stacking up that adults should get jabbed, it just makes sense from risk to reward stand point, much more risk doing nothing.

But what are these medical grounds for not getting the jab, it keeps getting said but is there clear guidelines?

I know anaphylactic reaction is a major one and I think pregnant women was another group is that it or has further advise been given, had a quick google and couldn't find anything that's more recent than the first guidelines?

I know my wife was told not to have the Jab because of the risk of anaphylactic shock and had to only take AZ and only at the hospital, but as she really wanted the jab went ahead, mainly to make sure she protected her parents moving forward, she is concerned that Pfizer is the only option for boosters and worries it means if offered she cant take the booster shot.
The advice now is for pregnant women to get the vaccine also Moderna is being offered as a booster (half a dose) if you can't take the Pfizer one. No idea if that'll help your Mrs or not, fingers crossed it does.

What period does the chart cover ?
It’s a couple of months old, because the government have only just released the data, so there could be an increase since then if the vaccines have been less effective over time. Even then they are saying that the protection has dropped from 85% to 75% so still good. The boosters should get that even higher and possibly lengthen the protection.

It’s a couple of months old, because the government have only just released the data, so there could be an increase since then if the vaccines have been less effective over time. Even then they are saying that the protection has dropped from 85% to 75% so still good. The boosters should get that even higher and possibly lengthen the protection.
I couldn't quite work it out but looking at the figures it looks like it's that report that was from Jan-Jun 2021 period.

My take is he says it's a few months out of date, so would fit with Jan to Jun as the period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get your jab man you Wally.
The gut feeling is its an easy out for an easy life. Remember we were told three weeks to flatten the curve and that we'd all know folk that would die, for me none of this happened and all this time later we are on about vaccine passports and injecting little kids. Context is everything, it's not right but because I know seasonality,...tbe way this plays is we are in the calm before the storm at this point in time, eg winter.

The gut feeling is its an easy out for an easy life. Remember we were told three weeks to flatten the curve and that we'd all know folk that would die, for me none of this happened and all this time later we are on about vaccine passports and injecting little kids. Context is everything, it's not right but because I know seasonality,...tbe way this plays is we are in the calm before the storm at this point in time, eg winter.
Don't get it then marra. It's a trap.

Back