Only 1 fit centre forward...

Simms was recalled on 31st December, and they must have known this was a risk (I think it was even mentioned).

We’re now over 2 weeks further forward. And we have a single striker. Surely they learnt from earlier in the season how wrong this could go?

Completely get that the window is still open, and we will probably get one, or even two, but what happens if Stewart gets knocked in the warm up at the weekend

Big fan of the recruitment so far, they’ve generally been exceptional, but we need cover. Badly. (And others seem to be getting it)

Simms was recalled on 31st December, and they must have known this was a risk (I think it was even mentioned).

We’re now over 2 weeks further forward. And we have a single striker. Surely they learnt from earlier in the season how wrong this could go?

Completely get that the window is still open, and we will probably get one, or even two, but what happens if Stewart gets knocked in the warm up at the weekend

Big fan of the recruitment so far, they’ve generally been exceptional, but we need cover. Badly. (And others seem to be getting it)
Who you going for Chunkster?

I assume every club knows we have one striker so are quoting big money hoping to prey on our desperation.
I can only see a loan or one of those signings where you have to google him and pretend you’ve heard of him.

One league match left before the window ‘slams shut’ and Fifteen days to get stuff sorted.
I’m pretty confident that they’ll manage it

But agreed, it would be good to see something happening.

I assume every club knows we have one striker so are quoting big money hoping to prey on our desperation.
I can only see a loan or one of those signings where you have to google him and pretend you’ve heard of him.
Spot on. In addition teams are involved in promotion and relegation battles and this time off year teams don't want to sell strikers (at least their decent ones) unless you pay over the odds.

What will happen if we don't bring a striker in? Do we all stop going to games? Get down the outside the West Stand early before the players arrive and wave some bedsheets about?

Mowbray said in his first press conferences after simms went back that it would result in them fast tracking a replacement (or words to that effect). Feels like they've fed him a line that.

Back