Onien

Status
Not open for further replies.

And that's your problem with him? Wow....
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: It’s a bit weak like.
He's a class act and could easily make the step up to the Championship, can't believe people can't see the attacking threat he brings to the team.
They can, but there’s something about him they don’t like on a personal basis so therefore he’s shite. You see a lot of it on here. Declare someone rubbish when we sign them because they wanted someone else, and no matter how good they turn out to be they will always be garbage. Can’t admit they’re wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we bought him I watched his highlight reel (as an attacking MF) and he did that double tap dribble he repeated on sat. On his reel though he did it in the D and slammed it home for a goal. If he’s bringing it back to life that’s good news.

here lies the problem. He was canny today. But that to me is the standard we should be looking for week in week out. I like the lad. I like most of our players but fuck me I want more. Power leaving was good for me. Scowen although maybe didn’t get the assists it’s the little pockets he gets into stretching the lines and looking to move the ball forward that I like. Onion good game but not amazing. Lovely lad tho
You saw something in Scowen’s play I didn’t see. But in any event the pattern of play was different when power went off because Oxford were chasing the game...

He plays to this standard most of the time. Easily our most consistent player since he moved to right back.
I don’t think he’s productive in away games usually. Wonder if this BCD helps us as the games are more passive.

I don’t think he’s productive in away games usually. Wonder if this BCD helps us as the games are more passive.
Tbh, I feel it's because most teams work out pretty quickly that if you can stop us playing down the flanks we don't offer much creativity through the middle. When this happened last season we just didn't have a plan B or were just happy to settle for a 0-0. Having said that I hope he does step up and create more goals and assists this season.

here lies the problem. He was canny today. But that to me is the standard we should be looking for week in week out. I like the lad. I like most of our players but fuck me I want more. Power leaving was good for me. Scowen although maybe didn’t get the assists it’s the little pockets he gets into stretching the lines and looking to move the ball forward that I like. Onion good game but not amazing. Lovely lad tho
Nice try mclaughlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back