one of my bucket list things is to use my passport to watch sunderland play a competitive match

Status
Not open for further replies.

What he means is look at the small teams that get the pleasure of European football...and Sunderland don't. The adventure, the anticipation of the draw... Where you get a team from the Faroe Islands or Kazakhstan.

Did we ever play an Italian team in that? I don't remember us ever qualifying for that stage!
Yes lazio I'm certain anf Fiorentina in 1970

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s an example of the teams that play in the Europa league and the odds for the home, draw, away win

not their fault they are in minor leagues

Last edited:
By the time my dad was 25 he'd seen England win the world cup, Sunderland win the FA Cup and play in europe. I'm 41 now, haven't seen any of that and don't expect to either!

Anglo Italian 92/93 drew at Cambridge, lost at home to Birmingham

93/94 won at home to Tranmere, lost at Bolton

put your passports away lads.... :-/

Used to be able to buy 1 yr passports from the post office,restricted to about 12 countries.No sending off and waiting just get your local landlord or landlady to sign the photo and it was done the same day.
Happy days mate only even went to the Greek islands

What he means is look at the small teams that get the pleasure of European football...and Sunderland don't. The adventure, the anticipation of the draw... Where you get a team from the Faroe Islands or Kazakhstan.

You've watched European Football Outposts haven't you?
When I was a kid I'm sure I can always remember seeing early round results involving Swansea, Wrexham, Cardiff etc (infact Wrexham may have been in the European games in Sensi Soccer around 91/92). When did that stop, was it when the Welsh League was introduced and the Weslh base English league clubs couldn't enter the competition to gain entry anymore?
Anglo Italian 92/93 drew at Cambridge, lost at home to Birmingham

93/94 won at home to Tranmere, lost at Bolton

put your passports away lads.... :-/

I was at the home game in 92/93 for some reason I thought it was Cambridge, you're probably right and my memory is just messed up though. God I've seen us in some shit games and missed a few of the better ones in my time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back