One of Co. Durhams finest

Remember seeing him at villa park vs us early 80s and he destroyed us, the year they won the league. At the time didn’t know he was a Durham lad. Same he didn’t get more caps, just seemed that it all came so easily to him.

Another NE gem that slipped through the scouting system of the NE big 3.
I'll probably be pilloried for this given the feelings about certain members of our current staff but I'll offer up some credit where I feel it's due. It looks like we've almost stopped the flow of young talent away from our club. We do lose some, and that's always going to happen, but our younger sides are beginning to show we've plugged the gaps left by Donald's fire sale and are currently fielding at least one or two who look to have some genuine flair for the game.

As Speakman has said on more than one occasion, the academy is our future. Fingers crossed we can develop fast enough to hang on to our most promising lads.

Last edited:
Poor bloke. Kind words from Stan. Lived the experience many of us can only dream of. Same age as my old man too bloody awful

Last edited:
Beautiful words from Stan. I hope Cowans is still well enough to appreciate how much he meant and still means to people like Stan. 65 is no age for such a horrible disease like that. Poor fella

Back