One Day Cup Final :: Leicestershire v Hampshire

T20 Blast.....Somerset
One Day Cup......Leics
CC Div 2............Durham
CC Div 1...........Essex ??

🤣🤣🤣
1. Biggest budget for the competition. Make most money from it.

2. Best reserve team. Proud of it. I bet. Hoping to get a game in the t20 next season
2nd X1 cricket at this finest this competition.

3. Most bankrolled club now we don't waste our money bidding for test matches in this division

4. County with most players available with no international call ups and have a 41 year old their player. Sums it up really.

1. Biggest budget for the competition. Make most money from it.

2. Best reserve team. Proud of it. I bet. Hoping to get a game in the t20 next season
2nd X1 cricket at this finest this competition.

3. Most bankrolled club now we don't waste our money bidding for test matches in this division

4. County with most players available with no international call ups and have a 41 year old their player. Sums it up really.
With regards to Somerset winning the blast it’s down to bringing young players through rather than big budget.

Their main players the likes of Smeed,Banton, Abell, Gregory and Overton all came through their youth system so you way off there mind.

Plus I would be amazed although Taunton mostly full on blast nights that they make more money from it than the likes of Surrey

Last edited:
Always liking seeing Hants get humpec.
Their chairman is a snake

Standing down at the end of the season. Nice leaving present for him. :lol:
With regards to Somerset winning the blast it’s down to bringing young players through rather than big budget.

Their main players the likes of Smeed,Banton, Abell, Gregory and Overton all came through their youth system so you're way off there mind.

Plus I would be amazed although Taunton mostly full on blast nights that they make more money from it than the likes of Surrey

He usually is.

Last edited:
Oh my god. So pleased. I decided against going last week cos I haven't seen them win in the few different matches I've been to this season and I'm stupidly superstitious.

Couldn't even watch on TV because of the nerves. Just over the moon.

Congratulations Squirrel, a very popular win amongst the county cricket fraternity :cool:

The best thing about the game today was it showed that the greatest thing about sport is the unscripted drama. The emotions of going from 19/4 which ninety nine times out of a hundred is in dead and buried territory in a one-off game to winning it was unbelievable.
That’s one of the things that makes it great yeah to ups and downs been able to come back from postitions like that to win the game, close finishes in cricket tops any other sport.

In both Somerset games in the blast finals day they were in big trouble yet posted a score and defending them and in the hundred final Oval were 32 for 5 yet recovered really well posted a score and defended.

All them 4 games won by a team batting first and been in terrible positions but come out on top, really enjoyed all them.

And then there’s the added irony of Hampshire’s Scott Currie, currently on loan to Leicester for CC cricket, returning to his contracted side for the final and taking three wickets, including the skipper, before having to come out to bat at the death to finish off the Foxes and failing. Must have made for a very uncomfortable experience on and off the field, and should make for some interesting changing room banter when he returns to Grace Road on Tuesday!!

Back