Olly Stone

Don’t think so

he’s got decent pace but he ain’t archer and wood quick like

Archer will play first 2, then probs wood 3rd and even both 4th

plus jimmy and broad. Then Woakes n Curran

Not quite, hight 80s mostly, remember Wood was bowling 90mph almost every ball in this series, Stone isnt as quick as that.

I’ve never seen him bowl sustained periods. I missed the test match he played. I’ve seen him bowl 90 plus for every ball in a 20/20 v Durham I think and he looked rapid but that was before his injuries. Quite intrigued to see how he goes.

Last edited:
move never seen him bowl sustained periods. I missed the test match he played. I’ve seen him bowl 90 plus for every ball in a 20/20 v Durham I think and he looked rapid but that was before his injuries. Quite intrigued to see how he goes.

For sure, was just trying to highlight how faster Wood is really, literally every ball over 90

Mind, Archer didnt bowl in quick last game, despite all the comments n the media saying he did. Sure Stone would bowl faster than that

I am torn, but seeing it might be a turning wicket, tempted to get Woakes in for his batting, soon find out!
Update: I was wrong

Last edited:
For sure, was just trying to highlight how faster Wood is really, literally every ball over 90

Mind, Archer didnt bowl in quick last game, despite all the comments n the media saying he did. Sure Stone would bowl faster than that

I am torn, but seeing it might be a turning wicket, tempted to get Woakes in for his batting, soon find out!
Update: I was wrong
Early days but enough to think we could play him Archer and Wood in Australia.

Surely thats been there plan anyway.

Back