Oli Bainbridge

because he was injured?

everyone on here says we cant be playing kids and need experince..but the minute they here a rumour everton might want our kids they decide the kids are great
Wasn't injured at the start of the season while the window was still open?

styles was in first team of a championship club last season,,he has 100 championship games..

The fans of both clubs told us he was average at best and this season in league 1 had been poor.

What we’ve seen so far back up this view.

Max Power was in the first team of a championship club last season and has 100 + games at this level. Means fk all
I've seen Styles and Hjelde at left back so thinking he can't be worse.

I have seen Bainbridge play for 18s and 21s, he is a great prospect and while very raw and in an ideal world wouldn’t be starting right now. I’d massively back him to preform better that Styles and Hjelde have at left back.

Last edited:
He also said Beale wanted him, as well as Mowbray.....it's as if he's just linking who was the manager at the time for the purpose of the interview. It will have just been SAFC making enquiries man.
Mowbray did want him. I’ve had it confirmed to me by someone else as well. It’s almost like you can’t admit you were wrong.

Is it not just lazy journalism?

Sees a youth player on the bench for the first time and thinks it’ll get clicks?

It's from nixon's patreon account (where he takes peoples money to hear his exclusive 'rumours')- I think his only subscribers are freelancers who write for low quality football websites.

Basically he's a shiester who we are meant to believe is a credible journalist. For all his supposed 'contacts' in the players' 'camps' and the club- his two rumours regarding our academy have been that Rigg was imminently about leave for Newcastle (twice) and Watson was imminently about to leave for Brighton. Neither have happened- nor has a shred of evidence (other than publications that only reference each other and nixon- I did a post about this before) come forward that there was any truth to either.

Yet for all his contacts he didn't seem to have any prior information about Mason Cotcher leaving or Josh Robertson actually joining Brighton. Which are the actual things that have happened.

He knows fuck all and probably (as you suggest) just writes any old shite based on whatever youth player makes our bench.

Personally, I think it's particularly disgusting behaviour because at the end of the day- he's writing bullshit about actual children.
Fair enough with senior players, it's how the football media industry is- but there is a moral duty of care to youth players that some (absolutely not all) rumour mill journalists are happy to trample all over. Personally I think there needs to be stricter rules about the reporting of youth players (on public forums too)

Last edited:
“I will believe you if you post a link proving it” 😂😂 What do you want as proof, MI5 signing off on it? 😂😂
Yeah he wanted him so much we didn't sign him in the summer, and then Beale wanted him too apparently..... :rolleyes:
Anyway not sure why we're at this point discussing a distinctly below average player from League 1.

Yeah he wanted him so much we didn't sign him in the summer, and then Beale wanted him too apparently..... :rolleyes:
Anyway not sure why we're at this point discussing a distinctly below average player from League 1.
Well for me it would suggest he’s rated in the game. I think this board likes to herald or write off within two minutes, I’d like to see more of him in a full team first.

Back