Oldest Pubs in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight I think.
Sydney harbour one though preferred the one up the stairs as if you were about to walk ower the bridge, mc sorely s in nyc though preferred dozens of others, Hemingway’s one in Havana though preferred the one next door, the London ones. The St Albans one.
Intended to go to the Norwich n Nottingham ones on the way to the match.....but you know how it is.:oops:

Surprisingly more than I would have thought. As others, most of the London ones, the Old Ferry Boat Inn in Holywell as my sister in law lived in a lovely cottage by the river there a few years back, the Munich one and surprisingly the one in Ferrara.

Oh just been back through the list and we were also in the tapas bar in Sevilla last year.

I also bought a hearing aid.

Oh well I've been to the sal and the one outside Nottingham Castle or summit.
Aye, that's them.
The Salutation - I think it claims to be the oldest pub in england
Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem - I think they claim to be the oldest inn in england
or something like that anyway

Aye, that's them.
The Salutation - I think it claims to be the oldest pub in england
Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem - I think they claim to be the oldest inn in england
or something like that anyway

The Mrs's sister (no and no) used to work in the sal like. Still living in Notts loves it.

Bar Luiz made me laugh. 'Whilst the bar has changed buildings names and owners...'

It's hardly the same bar then is it. And id be a bit surprised if any of these bars still had their original owners.

Trip to Jerusalem, Mitre, Cheshire Cheese - I was thinking The Ancient Unicorn might have been in the list, maybe only if it was Uk rather than worldwide

The one in Barcelona, the Clachan near Loch Lomond and the brazen in Dublin..

Surprised there's not 1 or 2 in York on the list.. enjoy reading the boards telling stories on the pubs history while down that way... sure a few date back into 1700's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back