Old Grey Whistle Test

Is that the Lassie from North Shields that sang with Meatloaf??

Anybody else at the Concert at City Hall when Meatloaf collapsed..... Great Singer, sadly missed... šŸ¤ 
No, but I was at Newcastle Arena when he walked off and 'retired' in around 2007.

My memory of it growing up was a shit TOTP šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
How wrong was I !!
Saturday nights at house partyā€™s with parents kids left in front if tv looking for something to watch thinking wtf is this shite šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚

My memory of it growing up was a shit TOTP šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
How wrong was I !!
Saturday nights at house partyā€™s with parents kids left in front if tv looking for something to watch thinking wtf is this shite šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚
I was the same, just seemed like a load of boring old hippies. And the bands were as well.

Looking back at some of these clips it seems I was completely wrong, or were they just the little gems hidden among the stinking pile of boring old hippies?

I was the same, just seemed like a load of boring old hippies. And the bands were as well.

Looking back at some of these clips it seems I was completely wrong, or were they just the little gems hidden among the stinking pile of boring old hippies?
It was both really, "Bob Bands" and more current and emerging artists, you got Camel [BB] and Gang of Four or the Rezillos.

Totally agree it took me a long time to find my music
Always loved music
But I really feel I missed my early years appreciating what was about (blame the parents)
The likes of beat surrender (RIP) & Stereo Underground have really helped me find these gems as you say and I can really enjoy an OGWT view on YouTube with a can in hand šŸ˜Ž

I love the Small Faces and have never seen that before, when's it from? Post Humble Pie era maybe, for Marriott?

Mind that bass player and his irritating mugging to camera while flicking his shit f***ing perm around, detracts from the performance horribly!
1977 promoting the "Playmates" reunion album šŸ‘

Rick Wills is the bass player and replaced Ronnie Lane who left after the first rehearsal following an argument. He played on this and the "78 in the Shade" albums before the band broke up again.

Back