Official 2023 Strictly thread 💃🕺❤️

They really need a review on the dance abilities of the celebrities- I know we can’t have a dozen Les Dennis’s ( or me for that matter) but the potential stink this year has only been avoided by Elli winning.

The BBC sub agenda has been rumbled and the show is bigger than petty political manoeuvring.

Just watched it mostly on fast forward and I'm glad the pro dancing ringer didn't win. They seem to have one every year now. The show is getting stale and I haven't watched any of it this year apart from fleeting glimpses. The best thing about it is Craig.

I'd get rid of both presenters, they are terrible and seem to think their scripted patter means they are a comedy duo. Have a male and female pair to front it. Maybe two ex winners.

Get rid of Anton he tries too hard to be likeable and funny. Tell the other judges, apart from Craig obviously, to be more honest and not give daft high scores early in the series. I can't decide whether to keep Motsi or not but possibly replace.

Scrap the Sunday show and go back to having the dance off later that Saturday as it used to be. Tell Shirley not to be so smarmy and be more neutral in her judging. You can tell she likes or dislikes certain contestants and it shows in her comments and marks.
Other than those things it's fine though just lost its way a bit.

They really need a review on the dance abilities of the celebrities- I know we can’t have a dozen Les Dennis’s ( or me for that matter) but the potential stink this year has only been avoided by Elli winning.

The BBC sub agenda has been rumbled and the show is bigger than petty political manoeuvring.
Am gonna bite as I hovered close last night

This political sub agenda then? Am I missing something

90%+ of the dancers/contestants are white. So it isn't race

So what is it then?

No but viewers polls throughout the series on some other Strictly related forums suggest that Layton would have been well adrift in 3rd place.
😎
As do all series that last that long. QOS, Top Gear, Last of Summer Wine etc.

Needs binning, maybe miss a year or two then restart with a fresh format, hosts and judges.
Knowing bbc it’ll be back with Paddy Mcguinnes as a judge

Last edited:

Back