October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

AZ jabs delayed by a month in Spain.

Not entirely correct.

They're still going on for people between 60-69. They're giving Janssen for 70-79, Pfizer for over 79 and frontline workers.

Moderna is currently being given to teachers who work for academies.

Teachers of schools, colleges and universities along with police officers and firefighters under the age of 60 were given Astra Zeneca at the end of February) early March and it's those who are being made to wait s month for their second dose as they don't know if they're going to give them Astra Zeneca again or give them Pfizer for the second dose which is currently being trialled hence the only one month delay.

Denmark drops the Johnson and Johnson vaccine due to concerns about side effects.
Clearly some of these regulators are tasked with ensuring medicines have no side effects - or a precautionary approach. Somebody needs to be stepping in and looking at the overall risk. It’s like banning seatbelts in cars because one in several million accidents results in the seatbelt causing harm whilst ignoring the 10s of thousands of lives saved.

They are spacing them in Canada - it was initially 6 weeks then in February it was changed to 16 weeks

Our head office is in Montreal, they are telling me the same about the 16 week gap.
They aren't doing great though, I'm 53 and had one, some of them are late 50s and don't even have a date for their 1st yet.

Clearly some of these regulators are tasked with ensuring medicines have no side effects - or a precautionary approach. Somebody needs to be stepping in and looking at the overall risk. It’s like banning seatbelts in cars because one in several million accidents results in the seatbelt causing harm whilst ignoring the 10s of thousands of lives saved.
Exactly all medicines have side effects, usually noted 1 in ten, 1 in 100, 1 in 1,000 etc. Paracetamol can kill you if you use it wrongly or don't read the warnings.

Our head office is in Montreal, they are telling me the same about the 16 week gap.
They aren't doing great though, I'm 53 and had one, some of them are late 50s and don't even have a date for their 1st yet.
Same here in BC just starting to offer vaccines to 54 yo now to book probably for next month

They made an error in not funding a vaccine production facility here so we havent had the supply - I was meant to be doing a vaccine clinic last week and was cancelled as not enough vaccine - allegedly it will be ramping up ober the next 2 months. They say they want all adults to have first jab by Canada day...cant see it myself

The news coming from Europe is getting more upbeat lately with much better vaccination numbers.

Spain has reached its first Covid-19 vaccination goal: to have five million people vaccinated with the two doses required for full protection by the first week of May.

The news coming from Europe is getting more upbeat lately with much better vaccination numbers.

Spain has reached its first Covid-19 vaccination goal: to have five million people vaccinated with the two doses required for full protection by the first week of May.

Excellent stuff

AZ was tested and trialed up to 12 weeks, maybe longer, unlike Pfizer absolutely no reason for AZ 2nd jab to be sooner than 12 weeks
There is actually. Over here in Ireland different age groups are getting different vaccines. E.g, over 70s Pfizer, 60s AZ, 50s J &J, under 50s Pfizer. Over 70s are more or less finished now having got their 2 vaccinations. 50s are just about starting to get their one jab and they should be finished with that group in 10 days to 2 weeks. The 60S on AZ won't get their 2nd dose until August which means they won't be able to travel out of the country until end of August unlike everyone else who will be fully vaccinated long before that because they won't have to wait 12 weeks for 2nd shot. Thats assuming that the travel requirement to enter another country is to be fully vaccinated.

Back