October 2020 - Getting worse across Europe.

Apparently only the last couple of months count. Obviously that's quite a shame for the 100,000+ dead that @squashjoe completely writes off.
Nobody was writing anything off. Are you not allowed to talk about the here and now unless it is bad news?

We are currently bucking the European trend on cases and deaths. It's something to be very pleased about.

I suppose you could always try reading the vaccine rollout shambles thread...

Again though, I am not referring to 'you' mate.

I am not against people using the failure to procure vaccines to point out failings of the EU.

I am against people getting enjoyment from it. There is at least one poster on here who I genuinely believe is enjoying the fact that citizens of EU countries are dying.

He sickens me to my core.
how's about posters glorifying in the uk deaths?
In the real world it has the 6th highest death rate in the G7 🤔

Nobody was writing anything off. Are you not allowed to talk about the here and now unless it is bad news?

We are currently bucking the European trend on cases and deaths. It's something to be very pleased about.

I suppose you could always try reading the vaccine rollout shambles thread...

We are bucking the trend. I am pleased about this. To suggest I'm not would be absolutely ridiculous.

The government's smart procurement of the AZ vaccine, as well as the great work from the MHRA to licence it so quickly, and the NHS to deliver it so effectively have undoubtedly saved lives - thousands of them.

However, there are a few misleading interpretations of the data out there, often ones that imply we're doing better than other countries on lives lost. Until 5 days ago, we were the poorest performing country in the G7 on overall COVID-19 mortality. Italy have just overtaken us and now we're only the 6th worst of 7.

There could be 300,000 dead and they would still think the same,its the 80 seat majority effect.
What a load of bollocks .. it's obvious they made some massive mistakes and errors of judgement certainly during the first wave but what is important is that they seem to be listening and have learnt a lot along the way which is paying off somewhat now.

It appears that some of Europe missed the first phase to the same extent as the Uk but are now suffering unfortunately ...

Doesn't seem to discriminate. While our case numbers are relatively low the world is experiencing more cases now than at any time during the pandemic.. over 800k a day at present.. I wouldn't be surprised to see that hit a million in the next week or two.. from a european perspective is appears most nations case numbers have peaked and hopefully thier number of deaths will start to decline..

What a load of bollocks .. it's obvious they made some massive mistakes and errors of judgement certainly during the first wave but what is important is that they seem to be listening and have learnt a lot along the way which is paying off somewhat now.

It appears that some of Europe missed the first phase to the same extent as the Uk but are now suffering unfortunately ...

Doesn't seem to discriminate. While our case numbers are relatively low the world is experiencing more cases now than at any time during the pandemic.. over 800k a day at present.. I wouldn't be surprised to see that hit a million in the next week or two.. from a european perspective is appears most nations case numbers have peaked and hopefully thier number of deaths will start to decline..
Learnt ? We have imported a variant that despite warnings the fat clown has decided to ignore.
This will cost lives.

we will see what the vaccines are capable off I suppose.

There's a difference between pointing out facts, and being happy that EU citizens are dying so you can win internet points. Some on this thread are undoubtedly enjoying the deaths of people in the EU.
nothing wrong with facts, it's the spamming the boards with his anti uk bollocks that has made folk go on the way they do. as shameful as it is i can see why they do.

We are bucking the trend. I am pleased about this. To suggest I'm not would be absolutely ridiculous.

The government's smart procurement of the AZ vaccine, as well as the great work from the MHRA to licence it so quickly, and the NHS to deliver it so effectively have undoubtedly saved lives - thousands of them.

However, there are a few misleading interpretations of the data out there, often ones that imply we're doing better than other countries on lives lost. Until 5 days ago, we were the poorest performing country in the G7 on overall COVID-19 mortality. Italy have just overtaken us and now we're only the 6th worst of 7.
I take the death figures of many countries with a pinch of salt. Russia has well over 4 times more excess deaths than Covid deaths. Spain was fudging figures badly at one stage too.

We have finally sorted ourselves out. It doesn't make our previous shortcomings any better but it does prove if you make relatively small mistakes it can have a massive impact on cases and ultimately deaths.

As for the AZ vaccine it really has had an unfairly rough ride. This has led directly to more deaths on the continent which IMO is unforgivable.

and when presented with basic mathematical facts they either change the subject or disappear.

I dont think you'll find a single post on here from me about death ratios etc but just as they are posters reveling in the fact the EU are struggling compared to us when the roles were reversed there was many a poster on here who were doing exactly the same.

Back