O Sullivan pissed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it's hard for you to take but Ronnie is much better than Alex. That's just a fact. A fact which all the ex pros will admit.

I don't disagree with that. Alex wasted his talent with boozing and partying with the resident rat packs of the era. Still got two world titles in the circumstances though and entertained a generation with pure natural snooker.

I was just pointing that centuries are somewhat over-rated in snooker. The point is to win the frame.

I don't disagree with that. Alex wasted his talent with boozing and partying with the resident rat packs of the era. Still got two world titles in the circumstances though and entertained a generation with pure natural snooker.

I was just pointing that centuries are somewhat over-rated in snooker. The point is to win the frame.
I can’t get away with Ronnie like. He’s a Bit Lewis Hamilton. Wants his own way and never smiles. A bad loser too.

I can’t get away with Ronnie like. He’s a Bit Lewis Hamilton. Wants his own way and never smiles. A bad loser too.

He is a great player, but has a lot of demons. Fair play to him on what he said about Alex, he grew up basing his game on him. I like Ronnie. Had a lot of family problems to deal with also.

Thing he has done is carry on his game at the same level as he has got older - if Hendry or Davis were able to do that then they'd be the greatest ever. So who is the greatest ever? I dont know.

I know it's hard for you to take but Ronnie is much better than Alex. That's just a fact. A fact which all the ex pros will admit.
This, the standard is x100 times better nowadays. 8 147s during the entire 1980s. Only have to go back to October to count the last 8.

absolute rubbish.

the greatest break ever was a 69 break. centuries are for show boaters.
Clueless as always

Said nobody ever except you.

Thing he has done is carry on his game at the same level as he has got older - if Hendry or Davis were able to do that then they'd be the greatest ever. So who is the greatest ever? I dont know.
They didn’t though did they, so who’s the greatest, it’s the guy who did maintain top level snooker into his middle age.

Last edited:
100%. The only problem with modern players is they lack any personality whatsoever and they're so far up their own arses that they're insufferable kernts.

In my teens I worked in a snooker hall and would see Jimmy White and Tony Drago almost daily. Both were lovely down-to-earth blokes, especially Tony, who was as mad as a brush and larger than life. You'd see Jimmy walking about Tooting to shouts of "Morning Jimmy!", and he'd always reply with a smile. I asked him if he wanted a frame one day and he was like "Yeah, you set em up, mate" (he kicked my arse). Tony, the mental bastard, would shake your hand, give you a cuddle, and spend an hour talking to you even though he'd never met you before. He'd probably invite you home for tea if you asked him. You won't find a person on this planet that has a bad word to say about either of them.

I'd also see David Gray and Leo Fernandez everyday. Both were the complete opposite. They looked down their nose at everyone, refused autographs, wouldn't say hello if they didn't know you, wouldn't let amatuers anywhere near their table, and generally were just arseholes. They had this snooty attitude of "I'm a snooker player you know" and had the personality of a wooden spoon. I fell out with Leo and refused to make him cups of tea he was that big of a kernt, so I'd let him behind the bar to make them himself. Still charged him 60p though. :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back