NUFC thread 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

There would have been Sunderland fans in cheering on the mags. Wouldn't have been unusual at the time. My uncle (RIP) was a staunch lads fan but he'd watch them when we were away back in the day just to watch a game of football.

Aye, my granda (isn't a big football fan now), used to watch us 1 week mags the next

The game was a replay. First game ended 1-1 at Sheffield and one of the players I played with at Annfield Plain , Norman Wilkinson , had a header that hit the bar in the last minute that would have won it for York. He spent many a time reflecting on what if. The mags were even jammy in the fifties. Some things never change.

There would have been Sunderland fans in cheering on the mags. Wouldn't have been unusual at the time. My uncle (RIP) was a staunch lads fan but he'd watch them when we were away back in the day just to watch a game of football.
Correct. We often went to Sid James's when the Lads were away, but mainly to see great early 60s top division sides like Spurs, Wolves and ManU in action. Also, I knew a lad from The Lane, Colin Clish, who was a youth player for the Mags and he got a few games for the first team, so I had an interest in that. I vividly remember going with my mates to Ayresome to watch him play a in cup replay one freezing night. At the time a little gang of us were footy mad, and would never miss a game at Roker. I would guess your uncle was the same.
Different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back