NUFC July 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clueless Morons
Correct, he's clueless given some of the comments below he made.

"The main focus for me though was explaining why life under Mike Ashley is so sadly infuriating when most of the country simply think that we are in our natural place. Pundits, conditioning, the lowering of expectations and inclusiveness of the ‘big six’, is my view."

They are in their natural place if you look at history as they weren't a consistently top half team at all for decades before they spent big. Nearly doing a Leeds if not for Ashley coming in and covering debt.

Why are Arsenal in the big league when they finished eighth, because they get 60,000? No, Leicester City may not get those crowds but West Ham United do, also, they both finished above Arsenal and Spurs as well. The self-proclaimed big six are just that but the Premier League support them all.

Since 2004/05, 4 of the big 6 have finished in the top 4 places with only 1 team Leicester breaking into the top 4 once when they won it. Until recently, the big 6 finished top 6 for a few seasons in a row at least 9 points ahead of 7th. West Ham got top 6 last season (well 6th) along with Leicester for the 2nd season in 5th. This is also down to Arsenal failings but Arsenal may well bounce back in time as they have very recent and long history of doing well. Whereas the Mags have done nowt much for over half a century.

So on to my latest Mike Ashley criticisms. If ever there was a time to step up to the mark as owner, it is now. Someone wants to remind Ashley that money invested needn’t just come from the money generated by the club, you can spend your own! Either way, Mike Ashley should be pumping money into his investment, not just to compete but to flourish and develop (there goes another flying pig). Instead he hides behind a failed takeover when he should be safeguarding his asset. He gambles as usual.

So he wants Ashley to spend 10's of millions on players (and wages) to possibly finish a few places higher than the 13th from last season and 12th the season before. It's something like £4 million per place prize money so even getting 7th would be about £20 million more. That would barely buy a decent player if you factor in the millions in wages over the contract length also (£100K a week for a decent player over 3 seasons is over £15 million)

The big money spends and wages are long gone for the Mags unless an owner wants to risk investing big money but possibly get little in return if they fail. I bet some of the Mags think the Saudis will pump huge money into them risking success but the clue is in the name PIF (Public Investment Fund). So that means they'll want to turn a profit in the hope pushing the Mags up to the level of Leicester/West Ham but won't spend willy nilly like clubs in the 90's. This may well increase the value of the Mags to £500+ but I can't see the Saudis taking them any higher as they won't spend £100's of million so they'll probably flip them for a profit.

The risk being the even harder task of getting top 6 these days due to the many years of big money shared between the big 6 and the millions of global TV fans they have now. Only once in over 15 seasons has a team broken into the big money of Champions League. Even getting into Europa League won't mean £10's millions in revenue unless you get anywhere near the later rounds.

In the 90's/early 2000's when football wasn't as huge a global money monster worth multi billions as it is now, clubs had big money they'd never had before so would spend big chasing the top. Blackburn did it and won, Leeds did it and went boom financially and the Mags did it and didn't win owt and nearly went boom financially. Do some of them really think they can do what they did in the 90's again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus Christ they'll print anything to try and sound relevant, I've never known a local newspaper do this as often as the chronicle, an article about how they could have won the league 93 years ago.
Apparently the Saudis were gutted

"The main focus for me though was explaining why life under Mike Ashley is so sadly infuriating when most of the country simply think that we are in our natural place. Pundits, conditioning, the lowering of expectations and inclusiveness of the ‘big six’, is my view."

They are in their natural place if you look at history as they weren't a consistently top half team at all for decades before they spent big. Nearly doing a Leeds if not for Ashley coming in and covering debt.

Why are Arsenal in the big league when they finished eighth, because they get 60,000? No, Leicester City may not get those crowds but West Ham United do, also, they both finished above Arsenal and Spurs as well. The self-proclaimed big six are just that but the Premier League support them all.

Since 2004/05, 4 of the big 6 have finished in the top 4 places with only 1 team Leicester breaking into the top 4 once when they won it. Until recently, the big 6 finished top 6 for a few seasons in a row at least 9 points ahead of 7th. West Ham got top 6 last season (well 6th) along with Leicester for the 2nd season in 5th. This is also down to Arsenal failings but Arsenal may well bounce back in time as they have very recent and long history of doing well. Whereas the Mags have done nowt much for over half a century.

So on to my latest Mike Ashley criticisms. If ever there was a time to step up to the mark as owner, it is now. Someone wants to remind Ashley that money invested needn’t just come from the money generated by the club, you can spend your own! Either way, Mike Ashley should be pumping money into his investment, not just to compete but to flourish and develop (there goes another flying pig). Instead he hides behind a failed takeover when he should be safeguarding his asset. He gambles as usual.

So he wants Ashley to spend 10's of millions on players (and wages) to possibly finish a few places higher than the 13th from last season and 12th the season before. It's something like £4 million per place prize money so even getting 7th would be about £20 million more. That would barely buy a decent player if you factor in the millions in wages over the contract length also (£100K a week for a decent player over 3 seasons is over £15 million)

The big money spends and wages are long gone for the Mags unless an owner wants to risk investing big money but possibly get little in return if they fail. I bet some of the Mags think the Saudis will pump huge money into them risking success but the clue is in the name PIF (Public Investment Fund). So that means they'll want to turn a profit in the hope pushing the Mags up to the level of Leicester/West Ham so won't spend willy nilly like clubs in the 90's. This may well increase the value of the Mags to £500+ but I can't see the Saudis taking them any higher as they won't spend £100's of million so they'll probably flip them for a profit.

The risk being the even harder task of getting top 6 these days due to the many years of big money shared between the big 6 and the millions of global TV fans they have now. Only once in over 15 seasons has a team broken into the big money of Champions League. Even getting into Europa League won't mean £10's millions in revenue unless you get anywhere near the later rounds.

In the 90's/early 2000's when football wasn't as huge a global money monster worth multi billions as it is now, clubs had big money they'd never had before so would spend big chasing the top. Blackburn did it and won, Leeds did it and went boom financially and the Mags did it and didn't win owt and nearly went boom financially. Do some of them really think they can do what they did in the 90's again?
I think on top of this the Saudis saw them as ideal for Sportswashing.
Gullible, lap up any kind of talk that they see make them relevant and a "big club" and tbh a bit unintelligent and simple. Then you're right flip them and having got their foot in the door buy Man Utd a truly global brand like Real Madrid or Barca

Last edited:

The big money spends and wages are long gone for the Mags unless an owner wants to risk investing big money but possibly get little in return if they fail. I bet some of the Mags think the Saudis will pump huge money into them risking success but the clue is in the name PIF (Public Investment Fund). So that means they'll want to turn a profit in the hope pushing the Mags up to the level of Leicester/West Ham but won't spend willy nilly like clubs in the 90's. This may well increase the value of the Mags to £500+ but I can't see the Saudis taking them any higher as they won't spend £100's of million so they'll probably flip them for a profit.

You might want to go on the mag and fish with some of those points! The replies will be fantastic!

My personal take is AS sold them a deal, where for c300m they could tart the place up, buy a few players get top half and sell for c500m. This fits in with their usual investment style. But the deal went sour due to COVID and they are no longer interested at c300m. No evidence to suggest AS is still in contact with them.

Do you think they screamed about the ESL because they didn't get invited whereas in their minds they are one of the Big 6 and were fuming? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 if they had they would have spent years trying to justify why its the right thing and only way forward just as they have with the Heedchoppers

He took over from hughton half way through the season. Immediately lost Carroll yet improved on Hughton’s form anyway and finished 11th.

Then he won the manager of the year award and finished 5th, then 16th, then 10th, and you were top half when he walked out on you halfway through the season.

As soon as he walked you plummeted to the bottom of the league and nearly got relegated, only staying up on the last day. Then you actually did go down the following season. You’ve never hit those heights since.

Pardew’s 4 years was your best spell in the last 15 years, and was one of your better spells of the last century. The fact that you screamed and pissed yourselves like bairns throughout the entire thing is of no consequence. Let’s not rewrite history.
As soon as Pardew lost to Sunderland (just like Sor Burb) then the knives were out !!

Clueless Morons

This lad says he has been boycotting for 13 years.

They haven't got the first idea what their history was like pre Keegan. You can reel it off from this site:

1930-39

19th, 17th, 11th, 5th, 21st, 6th (div 2), 8th (div 2), 4th (div 2), 19th (div 2), 9th (div 2)

1947 - 1949

5th (div 2), 2nd (div 2), 4th

1950- 59

5th, 4th, 8th, 16th, 15th, 8th, 11th, 17th, 19th, 11th

1960 - 69

8th, 21st, 11th (div 2), 7th (div 2), 8th (div 2), 1st (div 2), 15th, 20th, 10th, 9th

1970-79

7th, 12th, 11th, 9th, 15th, 15th, 15th, 5th, 21st, 8th (div2)

1980-89

9th (div 2), 11th (div 2), 9th (div 2), 11th (div 2), 5th (div 2), 3rd (div 2), 14th, 11th, 17th, 8th, 20th

1990-92

3rd (div 2), 11th (div 2), 20th (div 2)

Looking at those decades, when would this lad NOT have been boycotting?

I reckon this lad might have gone to a few games in the early 50s (won the cup three times as well to be fair). Apart from that he'd have boycotted the whole of the last 90 years aside from Keegan and Robson (although you can be sure he'll have give Robson some abuse along with the rest of them).

Last edited by a moderator:

Excelling themselves with the replies.

Advantages for Willock to come "home"?
"Come home" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The reply from Derek.

"The Fans" 🤣🤣🤣🤣
"Shearers Record" 🤣🤣🤣🤣
"Takeover" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

"Derak:
Hope Willock has a change of mind, if Arsenal need the cash for Maddison deal, then take the £22 million from us. If the story from Bruce's mate is even true. Willock would be used like Perez at Leicester and I am sure if they transfer Maddison, they will have a decent midfielder in the £40 million bracket to bring in.
Advantages for Willock to come home.
1 The Fans
2 Game time
3 Shearers record
4 Graeme Jones and England connection
5 ASM and Callum Wilson
6 Takeover , if it ever happens
Disadvantages
1.Ashley
2 Bruce
3 The two other coaches."

I think Derek is a bit simple

Last edited:
This lad says he has been boycotting for 13 years.

They haven't got the first idea what their history was like pre Keegan. You can reel it off from this site:

1930-39

19th, 17th, 11th, 5th, 21st, 6th (div 2), 8th (div 2), 4th (div 2), 19th (div 2), 9th (div 2)

1947 - 1949

5th (div 2), 2nd (div 2), 4th

1950- 59

5th, 4th, 8th, 16th, 15th, 8th, 11th, 17th, 19th, 11th

1960 - 69

8th, 21st, 11th (div 2), 7th (div 2), 8th (div 2), 1st (div 2), 15th, 20th, 10th, 9th

1970-79

7th, 12th, 11th, 9th, 15th, 15th, 15th, 5th, 21st, 8th (div2)

1980-89

9th (div 2), 11th (div 2), 9th (div 2), 11th (div 2), 5th (div 2), 3rd (div 2), 14th, 11th, 17th, 8th, 20th

1990-92

3rd (div 2), 11th (div 2), 20th (div 2)

Looking at those decades, when would this lad NOT have been boycotting?

I reckon this lad might have gone to a few games in the early 50s (won the cup three times as well to be fair). Apart from that he'd have boycotted the whole of the last 90 years aside from Keegan and Robson (although you can be sure he'll have give Robson some abuse along with the rest of them).

:lol: It’s so true like

mags are the worst

I tried to make this point to some Sunderland fans to be fair under short, things weren’t that bad. We were in the top flight for 10 years our longest run since the 1950s. I think some people just forget that or choose to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back