NUFC and other Sportswashing Spring 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Fleming

Striker
I wonder what it would take for the government to change their position on the Saudi state? Obviously their human rights record is nee bother. Hacking up journalists is fine. Their murder in the Yemen is all good if you want to own a football club. Would it take a direct attack on Israel before our government would act?

I wonder what it would take for the government to change their position on the Saudi state? Obviously their human rights record is nee bother. Hacking up journalists is fine. Their murder in the Yemen is all good if you want to own a football club. Would it take a direct attack on Israel before our government would act?
Im surprised Chelsea haven't kicked off with a bit whataboutery

There are 2 types of people in this world:

Those who sit back and accept when something is wrong

And those who take to the internet and point it out
Pop up a couple of your previous posts prior to the takeover showing how concerned you were about all this, I will wait, no hurry

Given the UK and US supported Saudi Arabi in their campaign against Yemen it is highly unlikely this would be the trigger for UK/PL to take action against Newcastle owners (oh and the small matter of them having a bit of oil and buying lots of things from the UK as well). Anyone thinking otherwise is highly deluded

I never thought theyd go down. Argued it all season despite being told they were certs by some. The take over means they'll be more than fine in the following seasons. They won't win the league or owt mind, that boat has sailed, but they'll end up top six. Meanwhile I think we will, if we aren't already, be another league one club. Ultimately though neither will be winning trophies so no matter which way you cut it, it's just a making up the numbers job, albeit at different levels. Not to worry, half the time I can't even be arsed to watch it never mind give a toss. It is fun watching people get irate about football though :lol:

But just to clarify, they are swimming in blood money :D

Last edited:
Radio 5 talkin about Chelsea but NUFC getting a good slagging

I never thought theyd go down. Argued it all season despite being told they were certs by some. The take over means they'll be more than fine in the following seasons. They won't win the league or owt mind, that boat has sailed, but they'll end up top six. Meanwhile I think we will, if we aren't already, be another league one club. Ultimately though neither will be winning trophies so no matter which way you cut it, it's just a making up the numbers job, albeit at different levels. Not to worry, half the time I can't even be arsed to watch it never mind give a toss. It is fun watching people get irate about football though :lol:

But just to clarify, they are swimming in blood money :D

Agreed mate. Look at the state Everton are in now because of FFP. Newcastle can spend money to a certain extent, but the new rules about sponsorship curtail that somewhat.

UEFA are looking at FFP however and may well replace it with something else, here’s hoping for a salary cap.

I don’t really care anyway. Would rather watch rugby or cricket these days.

Bragging about buying Southampton’s best players next year and the saints being a tinpot club, wasn’t long ago the mags were dead certs to go down.

I mentioned that their tainted money might mean they should look no further than Chelsea for their potential fate
Isnt that just banter because Hassenhutl was whinging his tits off?

Nothing will happen to Newcastle in relation to Saudi links.

Interesting stat....

Only three teams in Europe’s top leagues have won 20+ points this year so far:

󠁢󠁥󠁮 Liverpool: 22
Barcelona: 20
󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 NEWCASTLE UNITED: 20

Won't last obviously, but not bad so far.

Interesting stat....

Only three teams in Europe’s top leagues have won 20+ points this year so far:

󠁢󠁥󠁮 Liverpool: 22
Barcelona: 20
󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 NEWCASTLE UNITED: 20

Won't last obviously, but not bad so far.

Those type of stats pop up all the time. Im sure Norwich will have been up there with Barca in some form at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back