Now that we’re rich...

I'm at graft, in the site canteen for some scran....and i'm not going back up that bloody scaffold 'til Michael Dell walks thru the SOL doors..

Aye, best not to get too carried away and jump the gun, but ah'm not using the duel controls until I see a picture of him with a scarf and a geet big blank cheque, shouting 'ah'll show ye the f***ing money, ftm'

If/when the takeover is complete, it would provide us with the necessary funds to get back to the Prem and hopefully cement our position in 8-12th place

Ive heard the dell boy won't be very mujc involved.. Just hoping it's a step in the right direction to what ultimately is the Premier league.

I think without any further details we won't know. The only real difference at the moment is that they have a lot of money.

Interestingly enough, the Dell chap is friends with Ellis and has a property in the same development.

For all I have been downcast on charlie, he appears to have done some fantastic work for the club.

Throw shitloads of money at it. If the footballing authorities and their shitty ffp get involved, threaten to sue them like the Arabs at Man City did :lol:

Plenty of hurdles before we even think about the Prem but it's pretty obvious that this is where the consortium will want us to be.

Having had a bit of a look at the new men coming in, they don't seem the type to be just throwing money around for the sake of it and I'm happy with that, I expect a measured approach and probably a look to younger up and coming players rather than spending 30/40 million on a player.

We've got to get out of this league first but the Championship will be a different beast even with major backing.

Last edited:
The key word that not a lot of people are picking up on is sustainable. Don't expect a £50m January transfer spending spree and we don't really need it. Where we need investment at the moment is in our scouting system and to cover the running cost shortfall.
Does anyone know if Coton knows anything about lower league football? Dodgier than BSA imho. Oh and - welcome Ellis mkII.

Back