NOVEMBER photo challenge - REFLECTIONS - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This month's theme has been chosen by September's winner > MaDMaCKeM.

Please use this thread for any talking and comments of the photographs. The competition will run for a month and end 30.11.13. The competition is open to all and all are welcome - previous entrants and new alike. Unless "C&C not wanted" is posted by the entry, all photographs are up for comment and critique, but please try to be positive or helpful. Please note all photos for this month's competition are to be taken in November 2013.

Happy shooting.[DOUBLEPOST=1383263952][/DOUBLEPOST]
********​

As soon as the winners of the two October challenges have been established, they will get a chance to decide on December and January themes/challenges. I will post these as soon as I know them, this will give people who prefer more time to take their photos a chance to know what the theme is, and longer to get their photo. However, November remains a clear one month competition.

*********​

Last edited:

One of my other suggestions for the theme was Long Exposures cos its firework season :) Nice shot like

Most decent firework shots are actually quite short exposures

Beyond 5 seconds and you find the wind and motion will blur them out too much

Can anyone explain how you display photographs on this page without it being a link? I was sure when the forum switched over you could just copy and paste rather than using a hosting site or a Meringue? Anyway I created a photobucket account as suggested but cant get the pics displayed direct. Can anyone help?

Can anyone explain how you display photographs on this page without it being a link? I was sure when the forum switched over you could just copy and paste rather than using a hosting site or a Meringue? Anyway I created a photobucket account as suggested but cant get the pics displayed direct. Can anyone help?
I don't know the answer to your question, but if I find out I'll let you know. I just use imageshack as previously.

I noticed this PB, nice work mods. Do you suggest image shack from now on?
Well I use image shack, and with a bit of playing about you can usually lose the "this was uploaded by imageshack" etc. Imageshack keep your photos in a gallery (if you don't delete them) so you have a record of uploaded photos etc.

I would hazard a guess that maybe other posters will offer alternatives for you.

I haven't tried copy and paste yet,
(on the new board) so not sure whether this will work or not?

Roger says he is working on some type of gallery for us (RTG/SMB) - not totally sure how it will work yet, but I will keep you posted. We might end up using that for posting entries or perhaps keeping winning entries on it. We shall see.

I actually have an entry this month I think

It has reflections in it so please refrain from saying it doesn't meet the theme ;):p

Thought I might get something at lumiere last night but the weather was crap and the event was worse!!!

I was there last night, nice as a spectacle, not ideal for photography

Got one shot that's ok, but it doesn't feature lumiere lights

I was there last night, nice as a spectacle, not ideal for photography

Got one shot that's ok, but it doesn't feature lumiere lights

Havent looked at mine yet, cant be bothered don't think I got anything special - nearly got arrested for arguing with the bloody stewards - like being in the South Stand all over again!!

Havent looked at mine yet, cant be bothered don't think I got anything special - nearly got arrested for arguing with the bloody stewards - like being in the South Stand all over again!!

Where did you perch yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back