Novak Djokovic

I'm talking as a fan of sport, surely you'd like to see the best players play?

That's a different argument but I'm just saying it's bad for the tournament.
It can't be considered a real grandslam if he's not allowed play, which is why Tennis Australia & the Vic gov were desperate to get him in.

As a tennis fan though it is the point though?
I still think he'll play to be honest.
I'm a tennis fan, I'm absolutely delighted he's not playing.

It can't be considered a real grandslam if he's not allowed play, which is why Tennis Australia & the Vic gov were desperate to get him in.
Of course but when Murray was on form he got injured and missed out, it's not much different albeit the circumstances are.

Surely any Tennis fans on here will be disappointed if he doesn't play?
It would be like the Rugby WC without New Zealand, what's the point in it without the best player?
Plenty of other tournaments have gone ahead in the past without the best player(s) due to injury.
No-one disputed they were still grand slam tournaments.

He won't. If he appeals he's back in quarantine

I know what you mean but Medvedev is the best player in the world now.
Maybe but Djokovic has won it 9 times, he's favourite without doubt. (Or would have been - who knows now what his state of mind is).
You'd have to admit it would way more interesting if he played now.

Because he's an absolutely entitled, lying, antivax-poster-boy b3llend who should be facing prosecution, rather than Kecmanovic. The fact that he's very good at tennis, doesn't matter that much to me.
Can you explain how he's entitled? What he's lied about?
If he's being used as an 'antivax-poster-boy' that's nothing to do with him is it? I haven't seen anything where he's telling people not to get vaccinated, if I've missed that let me know.
Djokovic is a drug riddled fraud
:lol:

If he's being used as an 'antivax-poster-boy' that's nothing to do with him is it? I haven't seen anything where he's telling people not to get vaccinated, if I've missed that let me know.

What's he lied about? 😃. He put fraudulent information on his VISA application, went out and about in public, knowingly attending events with Covid and didn't tell anybody...

Both of those things are dishonest, and are criminal offences.

Last edited:

Lied about the visa application, having an agent complete it doesn’t exonerate him from irregularities in its completion.

And? Tennis Australia aren’t the Australian immigration department. He chose not to follow the entry requirements for travel to Australia. Why should he be allowed entry to it? Or are you suggesting sovereign countries shouldn’t control their borders the way they want?

What was the fraudulent info?
There's been so much coverage it's hard to get a proper summary anywhere.
He declared - or his agent did - that he had not travelled to any other countries in the 14 days prior to flying to Australia. That was a lie. He was in Serbia all over Xmas, wandering around public events infecting everybody with Covid, and then flew to Marbella for a training camp, and flew from Marbella to Australia.

And he did that, because if he'd declared being in both countries, he'd have been denied entry to Australia from the get go. Making false declarations to obtain a VISA is a criminal offence.

Because he's an absolutely entitled, lying, antivax-poster-boy b3llend who should be facing prosecution, rather than Kecmanovic. The fact that he's very good at tennis, doesn't matter that much to me.

As much I can't see it, I hope Nadal wins AUS and goes 1 clear of him.
Would you feel the same about him other than him not being vaccinated?

He declared - or his agent did - that he had not travelled to any other countries in the 14 days prior to flying to Australia. That was a lie. He was in Serbia all over Xmas, wandering around public events infecting everybody with Covid, and then flew to Marbella for a training camp, and flew from Marbella to Australia.

And he did that, because if he'd declared being in both countries, he'd have been denied entry to Australia from the get go. Making false declarations to obtain a VISA is a criminal offence.
How is that a rule though?
Everyone who travels to Australia travels through another country to get there.
I travelled through 4 countries on the way to Australia before.

Back