Not football but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you pronounce Werewolf
Wearwolf
or Wherewolf
just for a Halloween promotion we are doing
Werewolf.

You don't wear wolf and you don't need to where it wolfs.

EDIT: Just realized that you are a f***ing Mag so it's pronounced "Fuck off".

Last edited by a moderator:
People that have an accent so f***ing stupid, they say broon, for brown, troozazz, for pants and borga, for burger, yet they come on here trying to take the piss out of our accent..:lol: Now that's what I call irony.

Some people on here are paranoid,it was a genuine question, i have always said Wear (as in the river) Wolf but everyone at work says Wear(As in tyre wear -Wolf)
We wanted to do a promotion where you had to find the Metro Radio Werewolf in Sunderland to win money, it was to make sure it sounded right on air
It's happening on 31st October, Facebook live

On another note i have always used the phrase "If you think i'm doing that you've got another THING coming", but the correct term is "If you think i'm doing that you've got another THINK coming", never to old to learn.

Some people on here are paranoid,it was a genuine question, i have always said Wear (as in the river) Wolf but everyone at work says Wear(As in tyre wear -Wolf)
We wanted to do a promotion where you had to find the Metro Radio Werewolf in Sunderland to win money, it was to make sure it sounded right on air

On another note i have always used the phrase "If you think i'm doing that you've got another THING coming", but the correct term is "If you think i'm doing that you've got another THINK coming", never to old to learn.

:rolleyes:

"Another thing coming" is what I always thought it was, but having read your post and done a bit of research it looks like I've been saying it wrong all these years.

People that have an accent so f***ing stupid, they say broon, for brown, troozazz, for pants and borga, for burger, yet they come on here trying to take the piss out of our accent..:lol: Now that's what I call irony.

I know someone who says ‘poond’ for pound.

Surely that’s put on? Nobody actually speaks like that.

I think the answer is nobody is that bothered.

I know someone who says ‘poond’ for pound.

Surely that’s put on? Nobody actually speaks like that.

Its weird how accents work. For found I will say either fund or foond, I say groond for ground, pund for pound, but just say sound and hound normally. Not a conscious decision to alter those words and not others, its just what comes naturally.
Obviously massively refine it when speaking to people where a more refined accent is appropriate, doctors, teachers, judges, southerners, foreigners etc.

Its weird how accents work. For found I will say either fund or foond, I say groond for ground, pund for pound, but just say sound and hound normally. Not a conscious decision to alter those words and not others, its just what comes naturally.
Obviously massively refine it when speaking to people where a more refined accent is appropriate, doctors, teachers, judges, southerners, foreigners etc.

Also known as ‘Doing a Robson Greene’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back